Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Poll Shows 70 Percent of Americans Disapprove of Trump’s Use of Twitter

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:31 PM
  • 55 Replies
3 moms liked this

"Nearly seven-in-ten Americans say that Trump's use of Twitter is a bad idea," Only 9 percent say they "strongly support" his use of Twitter

Donald Trump has long used Twitter as a replacement for press conferences, where uncomfortable and inconvenient questions might be asked of his highly dishonest narrative. It turns out, according to a new NBC News/WSJ poll most Americans do not approve of Trump’s use of Twitter:

New NBC News/WSJ poll finds nearly 70% of Americans do not approve of Trump’s use of Twitter http://on.today.com/2jZfPW0 

Donald Trump is already angry with NBC News for fact-checking his job creation claims. This won’t make him any happier. As NBC News’ Carrie Dann explains,

In these divisive political times, the American public actually has a pretty unambiguous message for Donald Trump: “Cool it with the tweets.”

Nearly seven-in-ten Americans say that Trump’s use of Twitter is a bad idea, and only nine percent say they strongly support his use of the 140-character medium to announce policy positions and express his personal point of view.

Sixty-nine percent of respondents in the survey said that Trump’s tweeting is bad, agreeing with the statement that “in an instant, messages can have unintended major implications without careful review.”

We have already seen what Donald Trump thinks of polls, and there is irony to be found in the mainstream media being at least partly responsible, as Nate Silver says, for this state of affairs.

No doubt this poll will mean no more to Donald Trump than the polls showing how unpopular he is, but what you don’t know – including what you willfully keep yourself from knowing – can still hurt you.

Twitter has been Trump’s favored means of getting his message across and he has made it clear he intends it to remain that way into his presidency.

If so, he may be in trouble, whether he knows it or not, particularly when, as this poll finds, a small margin, 47 to 46 percent of Republicans, think his tweeting is a “bad idea.”

by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pinkcoffeecup
by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 5:57 PM
4 moms liked this

I don't care what he posts on Twitter or any other Social Media site. If a person doesn't like what he posts. Then don't read it.

lwalker270
by Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 5:59 PM

While I think social media is not necessarily a bad thing in the hands of a responsible user, Trump's should be taken away ASAP and it should definitely not be used to announce policy.

Jambo4
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 5:59 PM
2 moms liked this

He doesn't do himself any favors by using it.

I know you all want to know, lol but I think he absolutely should NOT ever EVER use it.  

kikitice
by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Keep using it...I love to watch the hole grow deeper and deeper! LOL Eventually, he will fall in it!

JadedSpirit
by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:15 PM
I agree.

Quoting lwalker270:

While I think social media is not necessarily a bad thing in the hands of a responsible user, Trump's should be taken away ASAP and it should definitely not be used to announce policy.

lancet98
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:16 PM
3 moms liked this

Well, they all better wise up.  The tweets are very strategically done to distract people from what ELSE he's doing.

lancet98
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:19 PM
3 moms liked this

You and all those who pay such close attention to the tweets are who are falling into the hole.

Quoting kikitice:

Keep using it...I love to watch the hole grow deeper and deeper! LOL Eventually, he will fall in it!

howdah
by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:23 PM
4 moms liked this

I don't use Twitter, but I understand that President BO uses it. If he was not called to stop, why should his replacement have to stop?

pamwaggy
by Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:24 PM
2 moms liked this

Only a moron would think it was a good thing that he's using Twitter to have his little boy tantrums.   It's so embarrassing to have a president of the USA doing this!  And they aren't even relavent.

SkippyDo
by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this

It doesn't bother me however, lol...I am glad he quit a few weeks before the election! :)

He's welcome to carry on now as far as I'm concerned.  Go Donald!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)