• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Russia violates arms control treaty while their spy ship appears off the US coast: reports

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2017 at 4:25 PM
  • 23 Replies
1 mom liked this

Russia violates arms control treaty while their spy ship appears off the US coast: reports

U.S. officials believe that Russia secretly deployed a cruise missile, according to a New York Times report. The move would violate the arms control treaty that ended the Cold War, administration officials told the paper.

At the same time, Fox News reported Tuesday that a Russian spy ship was spotted patrolling off the east coast of the United States. Officials say that the ship was seen 70 miles off the coast of Delaware and was moving north at 10 knots.

United States territory lines extend 12 nautical miles off the coast of the lands.

In an interview with Fox News’ “The O’Reilly Factor,” Trump attacked then-President Barack Obama for being “weak” and “ineffective” on issues of foreign policy.

“I believe I know far more about foreign policy than he knows,” Trump said. “Look at Ukraine. He talks about Ukraine [and] how tough he is with Russia, in the meantime they took over Crimea.”

Two weeks before Trump was inaugurated, he took to Facebook to explain how Russia will respect the U.S. again under his leadership.

“Having a good relationship with Russia is a good thing, not a bad thing. Only ‘stupid’ people, or fools, would think that it is bad! We have enough problems around the world without yet another one. When I am President, Russia will respect us far more than they do now and both countries will, perhaps, work together to solve some of the many great and pressing problems and issues of the WORLD!”

It is unclear where the Russian spy ship is going.

by on Feb. 14, 2017 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Seashell77
by Member on Feb. 14, 2017 at 8:53 PM

I wonder how common it is for other countries' spy ships to be so close to our shores?  I wonder what past administrations have done if this has occurred before?  

Moniker
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 6:38 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm surprised that they would need to spy.
KittyMom1026
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 10:57 AM
2 moms liked this

And 4 of their planes, fully armed, buzzed one of our ships out in the ocean. And wouldn't answer us when we tried to contact them.

I think trump has reneged on whatever he promised Putin and this is a warning that Russia isn't going to play his stupid games. Putin should have known though that trump is famous for not following through on any of his promises.

But now, all of us are going to have to suffer and be afraid of what they plan to do to us. This time a war could be on our own soil.

numbr1wmn
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:10 AM
3 moms liked this

http://www.snopes.com/russian-spy-ship-east-coast/

This has happened before too. Nothing new

numbr1wmn
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:10 AM
4 moms liked this

And they didn't violate anything. They were in International waters.

sillygirl83
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:00 PM
5 moms liked this
I wish the liberals would just accept defeat and stop trying to drub up conspiracy theories about Russia.

Quoting numbr1wmn:

numbr1wmn
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Trump has kept his campaign promises except for proscecuting Hillary

Quoting KittyMom1026:

And 4 of their planes, fully armed, buzzed one of our ships out in the ocean. And wouldn't answer us when we tried to contact them.

I think trump has reneged on whatever he promised Putin and this is a warning that Russia isn't going to play his stupid games. Putin should have known though that trump is famous for not following through on any of his promises.

But now, all of us are going to have to suffer and be afraid of what they plan to do to us. This time a war could be on our own soil.

Sundance8
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Extremely uncommon according to the Coast Guard.

There were Nazi shops off the east coast during WWII, but I don't think anything since then.

Quoting Seashell77:

I wonder how common it is for other countries' spy ships to be so close to our shores?  I wonder what past administrations have done if this has occurred before?  

Sundance8
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Did you read your own article? This does not happen frequently.

And yes, they are in international waters but Russia is violating a treaty signed by Reagan and Gorbachev in 1987. Mentioned in your article.

So no, not business as usual.

Quoting numbr1wmn:

numbr1wmn
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 5:08 PM

I happened before. however they didn't violate anything here. I am interested in why but not conspiracy theories.

Quoting Sundance8: Did you read your own article? This does not happen frequently. And yes, they are in international waters but Russia is violating a treaty signed by Reagan and Gorbachev in 1987. Mentioned in your article. So no, not business as usual.
Quoting numbr1wmn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)