Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

$100,000 found inside old television

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2017 at 3:58 PM
  • 13 Replies

I'm tired of the politics side of N&P so here's some News

$100,000 found inside old television

The cash was stored inside for 30 years. 
TUCSONNEWSNOW.COM

(CTV/CNN) - Ever stash something away somewhere, then forget all about it?

A Canadian man did just that. But what he stashed away was more than $100,000 in cash.

He put it in a TV about 30 years ago planning to one day give it to family members as an inheritance. Then he forgot all about it.

He gave the TV to a family friend who took it to a recycling facility.

One of the employees was taking the television apart and discovered a cash box inside.

There were also documents inside the box, which led police to find the rightful owner.

They gave him back the cash and a word of advice: maybe he should put the money in a bank.

Copyright 2017 CTV via CNN. All rights reserved. 

by on Feb. 16, 2017 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.KAZ
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2017 at 5:08 PM
How do you forget you have $100,000!?
Momof2Stepof3
by on Feb. 16, 2017 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this

This may make me dishonest but I wouldn't of said a word and changed my life around with that amount of money.

Jambo4
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2017 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Mrs.KAZ: How do you forget you have $100,000!?

I was thinking the same thing.  It just seems so odd.  I don't know how he could sock away a big chunk of change and forget about it.  Was it a one time "deposit"?  Maybe you could forget then.  With me I'd think it would take a while to accumulate that much money so I'd be getting into the TV many times, thus cementing my memory of it.

Jambo4
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2017 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Momof2Stepof3:

This may make me dishonest but I wouldn't of said a word and changed my life around with that amount of money.

Sure would be tempting.  I wonder if it had been just cash and not other identifying documents if it would have been easier to walk away with it.  

sillygirl83
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2017 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I wanna find $100,000 in an old TV.
Mrs.KAZ
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2017 at 9:19 PM
Right!? I don't have any relatives who would ever leave me that kind of money,so it would take time to save $100,000.

Quoting Jambo4:

I was thinking the same thing.  It just seems so odd.  I don't know how he could sock away a big chunk of change and forget about it.  Was it a one time "deposit"?  Maybe you could forget then.  With me I'd think it would take a while to accumulate that much money so I'd be getting into the TV many times, thus cementing my memory of it.

Jambo4
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2017 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this

It makes me suspicious that it was ill gotten money to begin with.

Quoting Mrs.KAZ: Right!? I don't have any relatives who would ever leave me that kind of money,so it would take time to save $100,000.
Quoting Jambo4:

2012Rabbit12
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2017 at 12:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Same here..😶

Quoting Momof2Stepof3:

billsfan1104
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2017 at 2:25 AM
This reminds me of a scene in the movie Soul Food, where big mama stored money in the tv
newlife1214
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2017 at 8:52 AM

Nice they gave it back!credit card

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)