Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Liberals never cease to amaze me...

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2017 at 11:07 AM
  • 5 Replies
2 moms liked this

I hear this a lot.

I’m a liberal because I believe in a Constitution that is meant to evolve, grow and progress.

I’m a liberal because I believe in a country that builds our society to benefit 100% of its citizens, not just the top 1%.

• I believe in science
  • I believe corporations are businesses, not people
  • I believe in equal rights, regardless of sexual orientation
  • I believe that 47% of Americans aren’t looking for a government handout
  • I believe in climate change, not that God has decided to use weather to “punish sin”
  • I believe we must learn from history, not repeat it
  • I believe women deserve the same rights as men
  • I believe our sexual orientation is something we’re born with, not something we choose
  • I believe immigration is what has made this country great, not what will bring it down
  • I believe freedom for all means freedom for all
  • I believe we have the right to own guns, but our Second Amendment says “well regulated” for a reason
  • I believe in a living wage
  • I believe you don’t create wealth by giving rich people more money (obviously nothing trickles down it gets hoarded at the top for bonuses)
  • I believe welfare helps the poor, it doesn’t punish the rich
  • I believe health care is a right, not something for only those who can afford it
  • I believe a woman has the right to choose what to do with her own body
  • I believe a country is judged based on how they treat their poor, not their rich
  • I believe there needs to be an economic threshold which we don’t let Americans fall below
  • I believe we are not “entitled” to Social Security and Medicare, we paid into these programs–we earn these benefits
  • I believe while we are all born in the same country, we are not all created equal, some people do need help
  • I believe investing in education is more important than investing in bombs
  • I believe nation building here is more important than the Middle East
  • I believe rape—is rape
  • I believe demand creates jobs, not tax cuts
  • I believe in those “union thugs” like teachers, fire fighters and police officers
  • I believe we support our military by not cutting VA benefits and only sending our troops off to war when there are no other options
  • I believe we all have the right to follow whichever religion we want, or no religion at all, and our government should represent no singular set of religious beliefs
  • I believe our Constitution doesn’t only protect the rights for which I agree, that it sometimes protects rights I disagree with
  • I believe that being unemployed doesn’t mean you’re lazy, and most individuals who don’t have a job—want one
  • I believe in an United States for the people, by the people, means we protect the people–we don’t leave them to suffer if they hit hard times
  • I believe we should protect the weakest among us first, not the richest
  • I believe we shouldn’t go broke trying to live healthier and longer
  • I believe we should put people before profits

We. should. amaze. you!

by on Feb. 17, 2017 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
KenneMaw
by Member on Feb. 17, 2017 at 11:10 AM

I proabably support about 90% of the above.

Ms.KitKat
by on Feb. 17, 2017 at 12:25 PM
2 moms liked this

you rock

newlife1214
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2017 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this

high fiveYou too Mama!

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

you rock

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2017 at 5:07 PM
Ok
Moniker
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2017 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Love this ! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN