Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Remember That Time Kathy Griffin Scolded Elisabeth Hasselback For Not Respecting The Office?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 6:25 PM
  • 16 Replies

Once upon a time, Kathy Griffin had her own talk-show on Bravo called Kathy. Things were simpler then: Barack Obama was up for reelection and marriage equality was a big issue. Griffin played a clip from Obama’s appearance on The View, and let Elisabeth Hasselbeck really have it for her “attitude to the president, who was a Harvard Law professor,” telling her to “take it down a notch, bitch.”

Nowadays, Kathy Griffin is in some serious hot water for a picture of her holding Donald Trump’s decapitated head covered in fake blood.

In the clip, Griffin speaks of her time on The View and how Barbara Walters said to “respect the president.” But oh my, how things have changed. Perhaps there was an unmentioned caveat to Walter’s lesson: if it’s a President you don’t like, you can totally depict his bloody, severed head in a photoshoot.

Griffin faced a deluge of backlash after posting the photo, and has apologized.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/remember-that-time-kathy-griffin-scolded-elisabeth-hasselback-for-not-respecting-the-office/

by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SkippyDo
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 7:53 PM
4 moms liked this
She's trash.

I've always wondered who her audience was.

Now I know.
LGAll65215
by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:51 PM
I've never liked her. I never thought she was funny.
This latest thing she did with the "Trump head"is unacceptable.
I prefer wholesale, old fashioned humor such as we saw in the sitcoms from the 1960's and 70's, Dick VanDyke, Mary Tyler Moore, Happy Days ....
Kathy Griffin is crude and harsh.
sillygirl83
by Silver Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 11:23 AM
3 moms liked this
The rule as decreed by liberals is that one must respect Democrat presidents but can disrespect Republican presidents however they want.
Episkey
by Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 11:31 AM
It's not really a liberal thing, there are some people on both sides who disrespect politicians they disagree with but respect the ones they do agree with. I have seen many posters in this group talk trash about Obama and his wife and kids, but get mad when others talk trash about Trump and his family. And vice versa, it seems Kathy Griffin thought Obama should be respected but had no issue with her tasteless photo.

Quoting sillygirl83: The rule as decreed by liberals is that one must respect Democrat presidents but can disrespect Republican presidents however they want.
Jambo4
by Platinum Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 3:05 PM
Imagine that.
sillygirl83
by Silver Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 3:13 PM
It seems to be much more common on the left than the right.

Quoting Episkey: It's not really a liberal thing, there are some people on both sides who disrespect politicians they disagree with but respect the ones they do agree with. I have seen many posters in this group talk trash about Obama and his wife and kids, but get mad when others talk trash about Trump and his family. And vice versa, it seems Kathy Griffin thought Obama should be respected but had no issue with her tasteless photo.

Quoting sillygirl83: The rule as decreed by liberals is that one must respect Democrat presidents but can disrespect Republican presidents however they want.
Episkey
by Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 3:52 PM
It only seems that way now because there's a republican president.

Quoting sillygirl83: It seems to be much more common on the left than the right.

Quoting Episkey: It's not really a liberal thing, there are some people on both sides who disrespect politicians they disagree with but respect the ones they do agree with. I have seen many posters in this group talk trash about Obama and his wife and kids, but get mad when others talk trash about Trump and his family. And vice versa, it seems Kathy Griffin thought Obama should be respected but had no issue with her tasteless photo.

sillygirl83
by Silver Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 4:06 PM
Perhaps you're right.

Quoting Episkey: It only seems that way now because there's a republican president.

Quoting sillygirl83: It seems to be much more common on the left than the right.

Episkey
by Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 4:20 PM
2 moms liked this
Just wait, next time a democrat is POTUS, some liberals will have forgotten how bad Trump was treated and insist conservatives should respect the president. Then next time a republican is in office the cycle will repeat all over again with the other side.

Quoting sillygirl83: Perhaps you're right.

Quoting Episkey: It only seems that way now because there's a republican president.

StonesGirl66
by on Jun. 5, 2017 at 6:04 PM
I disliked Obama but accepted and respected the fact that he held the office of president.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)