Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

President of ?????

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 11:45 AM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

In a rare act of bipartisanship, Congress just took action to punish Russia for meddling in last year’s presidential election. President Trump, the beneficiary of that meddling, isn’t even pretending to be on America’s side in the matter.

This morning, the President of the United States blasted the Congress, which is controlled by his own party, for sanctioning Vladimir Putin’s murderous authoritarian regime (tweet below).

Before getting into the absurdity of an American president siding with Russia over the United States, lets note that Trump’s assertion that, “our relationship with Russia is at an all-time & very dangerous low,” is laughably inaccurate. Half a century ago, the U.S. and then-U.S.S.R. were mired in decades of devastating proxy wars and regularly on the cusp of nuclear annihilation.

Furthermore his assertion that Congress alone failed on Trumpcare denies his own culpability in pushing legislation that would have devastated tens of millions of Americans.

The president’s ignorance is not all that stands out in the tweet however. His obsequious allegiance to Putin is also on full display, not only because he is taking the Russian’s side over his own country and party, but because he seems unbothered by the real problems with the sanctions.

Iran had been complying with a landmark deal to stop its nuclear program, and the same sanctions bill Trump is upset about adds restriction on Iran that it views as a violation of the agreement. Iran’s budding nuclear program posed a unique threat to one of the world’s most volatile regions, and after coming to the table, our elected leader must at the very least be cognizant of breaking their word if they want to prevent a Nuclear Iran.

Donald Trump, however, is not a man concerned with breaking confidences. Punish his tyrannical role model though, and you could face the wrath of an early morning presidential Twitters

by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TommieToo
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:31 PM

I found the original hard to read, so I did this.

Quoting TommieToo:

In a rare act of bipartisanship, Congress just took action to punish Russia for meddling in last year’s presidential election. President Trump, the beneficiary of that meddling, isn’t even pretending to be on America’s side in the matter.

This morning, the President of the United States blasted the Congress, which is controlled by his own party, for sanctioning Vladimir Putin’s murderous authoritarian regime (tweet below).

Before getting into the absurdity of an American president siding with Russia over the United States, lets note that Trump’s assertion that, “our relationship with Russia is at an all-time & very dangerous low,” is laughably inaccurate. Half a century ago, the U.S. and then-U.S.S.R. were mired in decades of devastating proxy wars and regularly on the cusp of nuclear annihilation.

Furthermore his assertion that Congress alone failed on Trumpcare denies his own culpability in pushing legislation that would have devastated tens of millions of Americans.

The president’s ignorance is not all that stands out in the tweet however. His obsequious allegiance to Putin is also on full display, not only because he is taking the Russian’s side over his own country and party, but because he seems unbothered by the real problems with the sanctions.

Iran had been complying with a landmark deal to stop its nuclear program, and the same sanctions bill Trump is upset about adds restriction on Iran that it views as a violation of the agreement. Iran’s budding nuclear program posed a unique threat to one of the world’s most volatile regions, and after coming to the table, our elected leader must at the very least be cognizant of breaking their word if they want to prevent a Nuclear Iran.

Donald Trump, however, is not a man concerned with breaking confidences. Punish his tyrannical role model though, and you could face the wrath of an early morning presidential Twitters

BmoreOrioles
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:12 PM
3 moms liked this

Do you think this really matters to the people when the headlines read:

• U.S. Economy Adds 209,000 Jobs In July; Unemployment Dips To 4.3 Percent

LGAll65215
by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:50 PM
It's always all about THE MONEY.
It's #1 with conservatives.

Quoting BmoreOrioles:

numbr1wmn
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this

The federal government's job is financial and security of our borders. We have individual states for other issues. How would your healthcare get paid if people like me were not working?

Quoting LGAll65215: It's always all about THE MONEY. It's #1 with conservatives.
Quoting BmoreOrioles:

LGAll65215
by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 4:48 PM
I worked and contributed to Medicare and Social Security since 1960. I'm paying taxes every year and paying for my own Medicare fees every month.

I don't get what you're talking about.

The issue described in this article doesn't address the Stock Market and Wall Street and how wonderful Trump is. This is why I replied to her .

Quoting numbr1wmn:

The federal government's job is financial and security of our borders. We have individual states for other issues. How would your healthcare get paid if people like me were not working?

Quoting LGAll65215: It's always all about THE MONEY.

It's #1 with conservatives.

Quoting BmoreOrioles:

TommieToo
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, Trump finally brought things back to where they were when Clinton left office, after Obama dug in deep enough to stop the Bush economic collapse.

But of course to your kind, TRUMP did it single-handedly!  (by the way, what did he do?)

P.S. If you are heavily into stocks, keep the phone close by.  Many economists fear a big bust is getting up steam to follow.  Kinda like the BIG depression that had gazillionaires jumping out of tall building windows.

Quoting BmoreOrioles:

TommieToo
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Like it always has, through the insurance I pay for EVERY month.

Why do you think YOUR employment has anything to do with my health insurance??

Quoting numbr1wmn:

LGAll65215
by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 5:00 PM
I have heard the same thing about the Stock Market.
It's about time. It's so high --kinda scary !
Remember how low it was in 2007/2008?
2007-2008....the recession. The economy hit bottom by the summer of 2008.
But you're right--Obama got us out of it and repaired the Economy. That's why the Stock Market has been so high for at least a year!

Quoting TommieToo:

Yeah, Trump finally brought things back to where they were when Clinton left office, after Obama dug in deep enough to stop the Bush economic collapse.

But of course to your kind, TRUMP did it single-handedly!  (by the way, what did he do?)

P.S. If you are heavily into stocks, keep the phone close by.  Many economists fear a big bust is getting up steam to follow.  Kinda like the BIG depression that had gazillionaires jumping out of tall building windows.

Quoting BmoreOrioles:

LGAll65215
by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 5:09 PM
Good question!
I pay for mine too. I'm not sure what she's talking about. I pay for my Dental Insurance too ,

Quoting TommieToo:

Like it always has, through the insurance I pay for EVERY month.

Why do you think YOUR employment has anything to do with my health insurance??

Quoting numbr1wmn:

LGAll65215
by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:07 PM
One of her sources is Jim Hoft the gateway pundit . He's a scum bag who has been in big trouble. Not reliable!

Quoting TommieToo:

Quoting BmoreOrioles:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)