Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TRUMP EFFECT: 1.1 Million Drop Off Trump Food Stamp Lists — Mostly Illegal Aliens (Video)

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:02 PM
  • 237 Replies
2 moms liked this

TRUMP EFFECT: 1.1 Million Drop Off Trump Food Stamp Lists — Mostly Illegal Aliens (Video)

The Obama Administration met with Mexican officials over thirty times to promote US food stamp program for illegal immigrants.

The Obama regime also used a Spanish soap opera format to push food stamps to illegal immigrants and Spanish-speaking Americans.

Obama did this while nearly doubling the national debt to $19.5 trillion.

Now this…
There’s a new sheriff in town.

The USDA reported this week that 1.1 million people have dropped off the food stamp lists since the beginning of the year.

According to Breitbart, participation in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) dropped to 41,496,255 in May 2017, the most recent data available from the USDA, from 42,691,363 in January 2017 when Trump took office.

The massive decrease in food stamp recipients can be explained by more state laws requiring work for benefits and the number of illegal aliens who have dropped from the lists.

by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Meowmuffin
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:33 PM
7 moms liked this

illegals can't get foodstamps this is fake news! since like 2000 you have to get finger printed just to get foodstamps you have to show photo ID and proof you are a US citizen.  I was on food stamps in 2001 until 2004 while I was in college. I got finger printed, I had to show my birth certificate they rejected my application the first time because I couldn't produce my social security card. And I know that hasn't changed under Obama because I have a niece I took down to the Social services office last year to apply for Medicaid and foodstamps because she was barely scarping by and didn't realize (thanks to propaganda like this) that people with jobs could qualify for food stamps and that is what the food stamps program is actually for working poor. 

Meowmuffin
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:34 PM
3 moms liked this

As economy improves, fewer Californians use food stamps

For 10 years, the number of California residents on food stamps increased, ultimately doubling to more than 4.4 million by late 2015.

That trend has reversed in the last year, thanks largely to an improving economy and low unemployment. About 400,000 fewer Californians take food stamps today than during late 2015, according to the latest state and federal data.

The food stamp program provides monthly food benefits to low-income households. Eligibility is based on household size and income. A family of four earning less than $4,042 a month – about $48,500 a year – would generally be eligible for benefits under income guidelines.

CalFresh participation increased sharply following the economic recession for two reasons, said Sue Sigler, executive director of the California Association of Food Banks. First, the economy created more poverty. Second, private and public organizations made a concerted effort to increase participation rates in the program, which are among the lowest in the nation.

“The CalFresh program is designed to expand and contract along with economic trends,” Sigler said, referring to the California’s name for the federal food stamp program. “When the economy is slower, the program is designed to serve those people through a temporary time of need. That’s what we see.”

Participation rates remain higher than a decade ago, Sigler said, but there are not as many people eligible for food stamps. The unemployment rate in California was just 4.7 percent in June.

“We’re seeing economic improvements drive declines,” said Cathy Senderling-McDonald, deputy executive director of the County Welfare Directors Association of California.

The number of food stamp recipients also declined nationwide last year, but not as much as in California. Senderling-McDonald said that is likely due to the reinstatement of three-month time limits for most unemployed food stamp participants without children in many states. Those time limits are mandated in federal law but were waived for many states during the recession. California has not yet reinstated those time limits; its waiver expires in September 2018.

Despite declining enrollment, California needs to do more to increase participation in the food stamp program, Sigler said.

Just 66 percent of those eligible for food stamps in California participate in the program, a lower participation rate than all other states except Wyoming, North Dakota and Nevada, according to the latest federal data.

And millions of Californians continue to live in poverty and struggle to feed themselves. The state’s food banks, Sigler said, continue to see more demand for food than they can meet.

Phillip Reese: 916-321-1137@PhillipHReese

2012Rabbit12
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:37 PM
2 moms liked this
Oh ok. Well, we have seen an increase here in Los Angeles in crime this year. I keep everything locked up, the marketplace where I work at has seen a sharp increase of theft. A man was arrested recently with 2 little girls taken into custody, in bright daylight, from stealing from a nearby Ralphs.
Wonder if that has anything to do with it, the cuts. I 100% agree illegals should not be getting any food stamps.
But I wonder now with these cuts how much more security I'm going to have to invest in, and if it possibly is in any way related..
LGAll65215
by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:37 PM
2 moms liked this
Jim Hoft, the Gateway Pundit, is one of the most dishonest, sleazy creeps to ever write for Breitbart ( he left a while ago)
He lies. His blog is worthless.
SkippyDo
by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:38 PM
4 moms liked this

Yes, these criminals actually can.

Quoting Meowmuffin:

illegals can't get foodstamps this is fake news! since like 2000 you have to get finger printed just to get foodstamps you have to show photo ID and proof you are a US citizen.  I was on food stamps in 2001 until 2004 while I was in college. I got finger printed, I had to show my birth certificate they rejected my application the first time because I couldn't produce my social security card. And I know that hasn't changed under Obama because I have a niece I took down to the Social services office last year to apply for Medicaid and foodstamps because she was barely scarping by and didn't realize (thanks to propaganda like this) that people with jobs could qualify for food stamps and that is what the food stamps program is actually for working poor. 

2012Rabbit12
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:39 PM
We've seen more crime. Might just be my particular city though.
Quoting Meowmuffin:

For 10 years, the number of California residents on food stamps increased, ultimately doubling to more than 4.4 million by late 2015.

That trend has reversed in the last year, thanks largely to an improving economy and low unemployment. About 400,000 fewer Californians take food stamps today than during late 2015, according to the latest state and federal data.

The food stamp program provides monthly food benefits to low-income households. Eligibility is based on household size and income. A family of four earning less than $4,042 a month – about $48,500 a year – would generally be eligible for benefits under income guidelines.

CalFresh participation increased sharply following the economic recession for two reasons, said Sue Sigler, executive director of the California Association of Food Banks. First, the economy created more poverty. Second, private and public organizations made a concerted effort to increase participation rates in the program, which are among the lowest in the nation.

“The CalFresh program is designed to expand and contract along with economic trends,” Sigler said, referring to the California’s name for the federal food stamp program. “When the economy is slower, the program is designed to serve those people through a temporary time of need. That’s what we see.”

Participation rates remain higher than a decade ago, Sigler said, but there are not as many people eligible for food stamps. The unemployment rate in California was just 4.7 percent in June.

“We’re seeing economic improvements drive declines,” said Cathy Senderling-McDonald, deputy executive director of the County Welfare Directors Association of California.

The number of food stamp recipients also declined nationwide last year, but not as much as in California. Senderling-McDonald said that is likely due to the reinstatement of three-month time limits for most unemployed food stamp participants without children in many states. Those time limits are mandated in federal law but were waived for many states during the recession. California has not yet reinstated those time limits; its waiver expires in September 2018.

Despite declining enrollment, California needs to do more to increase participation in the food stamp program, Sigler said.

Just 66 percent of those eligible for food stamps in California participate in the program, a lower participation rate than all other states except Wyoming, North Dakota and Nevada, according to the latest federal data.

And millions of Californians continue to live in poverty and struggle to feed themselves. The state’s food banks, Sigler said, continue to see more demand for food than they can meet.

Abacokalea005
by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 4:41 PM

Making America great again !

What has happened to the flag sweetpea ?

Billiejeens
by Emerald Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Too many Mexicans?

Quoting 2012Rabbit12: We've seen more crime. Might just be my particular city though.
Quoting Meowmuffin:

Billiejeens
by Emerald Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 4:42 PM
2 moms liked this

patriotic

Quoting Abacokalea005:

Making America great again !

What has happened to the flag sweetpea ?

hotspice58
by Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 4:44 PM
5 moms liked this

Read carefully.  Illegal. people.  cannot. get. public.assistance.   Please stop trying to prop up Trump.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)