Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You Don't Get to be Both a nazi and a Proud American . .

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2017 at 10:46 AM
  • 24 Replies
4 moms liked this

Related image

10 States With the Most Hate Groups

According to the latest annual report from civil rights advocacy group the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), 917 hate groups were active across the nation last year, up from 892 in 2015 and 784 in 2014. Hate-group activity burst into the open this past weekend when white nationalist groups convened on Charlottesville, Virginia. They fought with counter-protesters and the ensuing violence led to the death of one person.

Because hate groups often obscure the nature of their organizations, these tallies -- while the best available numbers -- likely underestimate the true levels of activity. Based on data provided by SPLC, Montana leads the nation with 9.6 known active hate groups for every one million state residents. Indiana rounds out the list of 10 with 3.9 hate groups per one million. Nationwide, there are 2.8 hate groups for every one million Americans.

Active hate groups in the United State rose dramatically after former President Barack Obama’s election in 2008. According to SPLC’s count, the number of hate groups surged 800% from 2008 to 2012, when the tally peaked at 1,360 groups. SPLC’s observations suggest the promotion of far-right radicalism in Trump’s campaign rhetoric led to the more recent rise in hate crimes.

Full screen

by on Aug. 16, 2017 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Meowmuffin
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 10:53 AM
2 moms liked this

I hate fucking Nazis 

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Normal, ethical, good people do, too.

Quoting Meowmuffin:

I hate fucking Nazis 

truthhurts88
by on Aug. 16, 2017 at 11:46 AM
This is America you can be whatever you want!
Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 11:59 AM

by

New Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 11:46 AM

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 11:59 AM
3 moms liked this

Hey beej!

eta: so isis is good too then? I guess one can be both an isis terrorist and a proud American according to your "truth"

Quoting truthhurts88: This is America you can be whatever you want!

sillygirl83
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 12:00 PM
4 moms liked this
I really don't understand why anyone would hold these views. People fought and died to put down the Nazi movement in Europe only to have it resurface right here in America. Ugh.
Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 12:01 PM
4 moms liked this

I don't understand it either.

They are terrorists imho. 

Quoting sillygirl83: I really don't understand why anyone would hold these views. People fought and died to put down the Nazi movement in Europe only to have it resurface right here in America. Ugh.

sillygirl83
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 12:03 PM
4 moms liked this
I agree. Using violence to further a political agenda is definitely terrorism.

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

I don't understand it either.

They are terrorists imho. 

Quoting sillygirl83: I really don't understand why anyone would hold these views. People fought and died to put down the Nazi movement in Europe only to have it resurface right here in America. Ugh.

CABZS
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 12:03 PM
You do realize it didn't resurface right? It has always been here and in other countries. There were people against WWII, there were hateful people like Hitler in other countries. This isn't new, it is just hidden but every so often they rear their ugly heads again.

LGAll65215
by on Aug. 16, 2017 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Sure but people shouldn't be driving a car through a group of people in order to silence the voices of objection to their hate group .
That's what created the divide in our country and demonstrates the criminal mentality of these hate groups.
They can " be whatever they want" but it's not going to end well.

Quoting truthhurts88: This is America you can be whatever you want!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)