Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WOMAN TOLD TO "STOP SPEAKING FOREIGN MUCK"

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2017 at 10:06 PM
  • 23 Replies

It was her native language in her native country

The debate rages on: whether people should learn the language of the country they are now living in. But what about those who are speaking the region’s most ancient language? Should they be forced to speak the most common language so that people don’t feel uncomfortable not knowing what the person next to them is saying? That seems to be the sentiment of a few people who feel that Welsh is just a bit too radical to speak in the country of Wales.

Yeah, you read that right.

Related image

by on Sep. 18, 2017 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
joyfree
by Kat on Sep. 19, 2017 at 12:30 AM
2 moms liked this
Sad, infuriating but oddly amusing all at the same time.
29again
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 1:02 AM

I would love to learn that language! 

sugarsmom2
by Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 7:55 AM
1 mom liked this

in case no one has said . welcome to our country . we do welcome you . I for one would love to hear your accest . please do not allow rude people to discourage you from being in Amercial  we are really lacking manners . something i am sure our mothers taught us better . would love to learn . also . 

lancet98
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I LOVE hearing accents and foreign languages being spoken in my country.  I think it adds to the richness and beauty of America, just as it has always done.  America is a diverse country.  No one has any more right to be here than anyone else.  We're all welcome here.  And we're all immigrants, even Native Americans, but they have been here over 30,000 years, and we did take their land from them, so, respect.

Welsh is an incredibly important language linguistically and historically and in regards to literature.  It deserves to be preserved as do all the Celtic languages.

Pema_Jampa
BHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Yesterday at 4:05 PM
AC/DC - Shot Down In Flames (Official Video)

Music video by AC/DC performing Shot Down In Flames. (C) 1980 J. Albert & Son (Pty.) Ltd.

by Emerald Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 9:32 AM
2 moms liked this
I get told this all the time. I just laugh and continue talking.
billsfan1104
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 9:47 AM

I dont believe her

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 10:14 AM
2 moms liked this

Hearing some one speak another language hasn't really ever bothered me. I figure it's a private convo and none of my business.

If that person would then turn to me and start speaking English, I might  ask where they are from.

Actually, this happened while my family and I were walking across the Niagra Falls bridge this past summer. An older gentleman approached me and asked a question with a heavy accent. I asked him what language he spoke. He replied Spanish. As luck would have it, dh speaks Spanish so this older gentleman and dh had a nice long chat as we all walked across the bridge into Canada.

I was not offended in the least. He offered to take a family photo for us and I took a photo of him on his camera. He was a very sweet man :)

EireLass
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 10:31 AM

Meowmuffin
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 10:40 AM
3 moms liked this

Doesn't surprise me that you don't believe her. 

Quoting billsfan1104:

I dont believe her

Related image

billsfan1104
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 10:43 AM

I feel like that many people, especially "bloggers" suddenly have all these things happen to them. 

Quoting Meowmuffin:

Doesn't surprise me that you don't believe her. 

Quoting billsfan1104:

I dont believe her

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)