Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Obamas say they're 'disgusted' by Harvey Weinstein allegations in statement

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2017 at 1:33 AM
  • 6 Replies

President and Mrs. Obama released a statement on Harvey Weinstein Tuesday saying they were "disgusted" by the reports. In the past, Mrs. Obama has described Weinstein as a "wonderful human being" and "a good friend."

Former President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle say that they are "disgusted" by the reports surrounding Harvey Weinstein.

“Any man who demeans and degrades women in such a fashion needs to be condemned and held accountable, regardless of wealth or status,” they wrote in a joint statement on Tuesday.

Weinstein allegedly harassed women for decades and paid settlements to at least eight women, according to a report from The New York Times. Some of the most recent allegations come from actresses Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie. Jolie said she “had a bad experience” with the producer when she was younger.

The New Yorker also published reports of three women who claimed Weinstein raped them, and four others who said he forced himself on them.

The Obamas continued their statement by highlighting the bravery of the women who shared their “painful stories” about Weinstein and emphasized the need to change how children are educated.

“We all need to build a culture – including by empowering our girls and teaching our boys decency and respect – so we can make such behavior less prevalent in the future,” they said.

by on Oct. 11, 2017 at 1:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
sillygirl83
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2017 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Dang it. Now I actually have to agree with the Obamas about something.
Meepandstitch2
by Member on Oct. 11, 2017 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I am thinking that most people who ran in the rich and famous crowd knew about this guys behaviour. Including the Obamas.All these famous people who jump on the bandwagon about Trumps behavior, were and are the very same people who turned a blind eye to this guys crap. It's all about the $$ and following the crowd. Hypocrites! From what I am reading, the only famous person who had the balls to confront Weinstein was Brad Pitt. You can be sure many knew about this. 

sillygirl83
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2017 at 11:27 AM
I hope that isn't true but it probably is huh?

Quoting Meepandstitch2:

I am thinking that most people who ran in the rich and famous crowd knew about this guys behaviour. Including the Obamas.All these famous people who jump on the bandwagon about Trumps behavior, were and are the very same people who turned a blind eye to this guys crap. It's all about the $$ and following the crowd. Hypocrites! From what I am reading, the only famous person who had the balls to confront Weinstein was Brad Pitt. You can be sure many knew about this. 

wanita61
by Member on Oct. 12, 2017 at 5:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Poor Obamas, they only now knew about the disgusting pig's behavior from the media  (as usual, as with any other scandals involving liberals). Imagine the horror of having their daughter work for the pig as some sort of intern and having accepted millions upon millions of dollars from the sexual predator.

sillygirl83
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2017 at 11:01 AM
Democrats will do anything to win. They have to because most of us don't support their policies.

Quoting wanita61:

Poor Obamas, they only now knew about the disgusting pig's behavior from the media  (as usual, as with any other scandals involving liberals). Imagine the horror of having their daughter work for the pig as some sort of intern and having accepted millions upon millions of dollars from the sexual predator.

Meowmuffin
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2017 at 11:13 AM

In their defense from what I saw in the news most people didn't know about his disgusting behavior. That's usually how these men work. Having worked with RSO in the California prison system I've seen cases where the sex offender's public life was one thing and their sick twisted behavior went unnoticed by even their family members. 

Quoting wanita61:

Related image

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)