Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Which level of hockey does your child play?

Posted by   + Show Post

DS1 is Bantam

DD1 is Atom

DS2 is Novice

DS3 is Mite

What about your hockey player(s)?

by on Nov. 4, 2011 at 9:09 AM
Replies (11-16):
Barabell
by on Nov. 7, 2011 at 9:35 AM

I forgot that was this past weekend. There were a whole bunch in our area, but my son was too old to even consider it.

My son has received instruction from figure skaters, but he's never taken classes specifically for that. They have different skates, and I'm worried that it would mess him up. He's only ever worn hockey skates.

Quoting tae_smith87:

So I took Jaedyn to the Hockey learn to play free day and they told me that I can sign him up for mites. They were really impressed with his skating skills. Now he just has to practice more on the stopping LOL. I am thinking of having him take some figure skating classes on the side.

MommyWeston
by Owner/Admin- Shauna on Nov. 7, 2011 at 9:39 AM

Do you have power skating there? It will help with his skating and it's usually ran by ex hockey players or coaches. All of my kids have been in it and it helped them alot.

Quoting tae_smith87:

So I took Jaedyn to the Hockey learn to play free day and they told me that I can sign him up for mites. They were really impressed with his skating skills. Now he just has to practice more on the stopping LOL. I am thinking of having him take some figure skating classes on the side.

AliSingleMom4
by Allison on Nov. 7, 2011 at 1:12 PM

My boys were in power skating too. I think it would be more help then figure skating classes.

Quoting MommyWeston:

Do you have power skating there? It will help with his skating and it's usually ran by ex hockey players or coaches. All of my kids have been in it and it helped them alot.

Quoting tae_smith87:

tae_smith87
by New Member on Nov. 7, 2011 at 3:24 PM

They don't have a power skate class but I wonder if I can try to get one on one with one of the coaches. They are not really big on winter sports here. It's like Gator (football crazy LOL) country here.

Quoting MommyWeston:

Quoting tae_smith87:

highlandmum
by Admin- Elaina on Nov. 7, 2011 at 8:56 PM

I am in Canada as well.  Our town is not large but has a very active hockey community.  My son is 6 and is in pre-tyke.  This is his third year of hockey and first year of power skating.

Quoting MommyWeston:

I don't think you started too late. Our town is a huge hockey town so most kids start at 4 but I know others who start around 6 and 7 and they do fine.

Quoting tae_smith87:

My son is not with a team yet. He's still in his beginner mode. I hope 6 is not to old to start. I seen a tiny 3 year old skating and was wondering if I started to late.

hockeymomsue64
by Sue on Nov. 19, 2011 at 12:10 AM

DS1: semi-pro hockey
DS2: semi-pro hockey
DS3: tier 3 junior hockey
DS4: tier 3 junior hockey

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)