Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you been to an NHL game?

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2011 at 7:17 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 171 Total Views

If so, where was the game and which teams played?

by on Nov. 5, 2011 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MommyWeston
by Owner/Admin- Shauna on Nov. 5, 2011 at 7:21 PM

We have taken the kids to a couple of NHL games over the years. Every game we went to were in Buffalo and since the bruins are our favorite team we saw them play the sabres each time.

AliSingleMom4
by Allison on Nov. 5, 2011 at 9:29 PM

We went to 1 NHL game years ago. My 16 year old would have been 5 and my 13 year old would have been 2 so my younger 2 weren't even born yet. We were in Edmonton and saw them play Vancouver. I would love to take my boys to another NHL game

Barabell
by on Nov. 6, 2011 at 8:21 AM

I've been to a handful of Coyote and Wild games. My son has only been to Wild games, and coincidentally enough they've mainly been against the Coyotes. 

I'll confess that I've never actually bought tickets to an NHL game. The times we went have been gifted tickets, or we sold programs. The Wild will make an offer to some youth teams to sell the programs, and the money goes towards the team selling them. After you're done selling programs, you can watch the games on the 2nd story. They also show the kids on the big screen before the 2nd and 3rd periods, and so it's a tiring but fun experience.

Barabell
by on Nov. 6, 2011 at 8:27 AM

Are the NHL game prices high in other areas too?

It's really expensive here, and we don't have minor league teams. When (if) I visit family in MI during the winter, I love to go to the minor league games. My family there goes to several games a month. The K-Wings are pretty fun to watch.

MommyWeston
by Owner/Admin- Shauna on Nov. 6, 2011 at 9:36 AM

I think it depends on the arena and the ticket sales. We live closer to Toronto but we always drive  further to go to Buffalo because it is so much cheaper or atleast it was, we haven`t been to a game in awhile so I don`t know what the prices are now,

Quoting Barabell:

Are the NHL game prices high in other areas too?

It's really expensive here, and we don't have minor league teams. When (if) I visit family in MI during the winter, I love to go to the minor league games. My family there goes to several games a month. The K-Wings are pretty fun to watch.

Barabell
by on Nov. 6, 2011 at 10:01 AM

The cheapest seats are $25 here, and so one night of cheap seats for two people is well over $100 when you include parking and food.

Quoting MommyWeston:

I think it depends on the arena and the ticket sales. We live closer to Toronto but we always drive  further to go to Buffalo because it is so much cheaper or atleast it was, we haven`t been to a game in awhile so I don`t know what the prices are now,

highlandmum
by Admin- Elaina on Nov. 7, 2011 at 9:02 PM

I have been to quite a few games - usually in Toronto, but I have been to Buffalo, and once to Detroit

I have seen

Toronto vs St. Louis

Toronto vs Calgary

Montreal Vs Buffalo

Toronto vs Ottawa

Toronto vs Montreal

Buffalo vs Toronto

and Detroit vs Washington

highlandmum
by Admin- Elaina on Nov. 7, 2011 at 9:05 PM

You would not even get standing room in Toronto for $25.  Our junior A teams tickets are $22.00 on average. 

Quoting Barabell:

The cheapest seats are $25 here, and so one night of cheap seats for two people is well over $100 when you include parking and food.

Quoting MommyWeston:

wesnpatsmom2011
by Mite on Nov. 12, 2011 at 5:52 PM

We have season tickets to the St. Louis Blues, so go all the time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)