Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have your kids ever gotten hurt?

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2011 at 8:05 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 176 Total Views
Since hockey can be a pretty rough game has any of your kids ever gotten hurt playing hockey?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 8, 2011 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
AliSingleMom4
by Allison on Nov. 8, 2011 at 8:07 AM
My 16 year old had separated his shoulder. My 13 year old has had a concussion and sprained his ankle. My 10 and 5 year old's haven't gotten hurt yet thankfully and hopefully won't anytime soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
highlandmum
by Admin- Elaina on Nov. 8, 2011 at 8:33 AM

Mine has never been injured but he is only 6.

My friends sons have a list of injuries - her oldest I know has had a concussion, broken clavicle, and a broken finger

Her twins - one has had a concussion, and that is really the only injury they have had (that I know of) besides the bruises from blocking shots.

Barabell
by on Nov. 8, 2011 at 9:30 AM

No hockey related injuries so far, besides a minor irritation here or there.

No checking yet for him though. They got rid of checking at the Pee Wee level this year, and so he's got another 2 seasons before it's allowed.

MommyWeston
by Owner/Admin- Shauna on Nov. 8, 2011 at 8:27 PM

DS1 has been hurt twice this season so far. The beginning of October he got a concussion and the kid on the other team hit nothing but his head. The 2nd time happen sunday night, he got hit from behind. We took him to the er to get checked out because he was down for awhile and he usually gets right back up unless he is really hurt. It wasn't anything serious, just a bruised back.

DD1 has broken her finger, not exactly sure how it happened but we think it was pinched along the boards.

DS2 hasn't gotten hurt other than a bruise from getting hit with the puck,

DS3 just started hockey and he hasn't gotten hurt yet and I doubt he will since he is at the age where they are learning about the game but he is accident prone so we will see

wesnpatsmom2011
by Mite on Nov. 12, 2011 at 6:06 PM

My son has only been playing a short time, but just this morning at practice, he fell and hurt is knee. Just bruised, nothing serious.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)