Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do You Work?

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2011 at 8:40 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 184 Total Views

Do you work full or part time? Do you have to juggle that with the running around for sports? If so, how do you handle it?

by on Nov. 8, 2011 at 8:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
highlandmum
by Admin- Elaina on Nov. 8, 2011 at 8:43 PM

I work full time - 7 am till 5 pm Monday to Friday.  With DS he is still young so there is not much to juggle.  My girls are older so the dancing starts later and also not a problem.

Barabell
by on Nov. 8, 2011 at 8:52 PM

Quoting highlandmum:

I work full time - 7 am till 5 pm Monday to Friday.  With DS he is still young so there is not much to juggle.  My girls are older so the dancing starts later and also not a problem.

I didn't know that you work. You're schedule is so busy! I'm even more impressed...LOL

Barabell
by on Nov. 8, 2011 at 8:55 PM

I work full time away from home, and I work part time at home. Both jobs are still pretty flexible with hours if I need them to be. But it can get overwhelming at times. Like my part time job needed some work done tonight, and so I dropped my son off at practice and then came home to work. Then I ran back across town to pick our son up from practice.

Next week my son has a scrimmage that starts at 5:20 on a Thursday, and so I had to ask my husband to take him to that.

I'm so glad my husband helps out. He's making dinner right now since I'm burned out. :-)

AliSingleMom4
by Allison on Nov. 8, 2011 at 8:59 PM

I work full time. My boss is usually pretty flexible, if I have to leave early to bring one of the boys to hockey he will usually let me go in an hour earlier than what I usually do. If I can't change my schedule and depending on the time of the game my parents help out with brining them to hockey and I go to the game straight from work.

hockeymomtoo
by New Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:45 AM

I work full time but since my son just plays in a house league hockey is usually limited to weekends. All weekend but still...we love it.

MommyWeston
by Owner/Admin- Shauna on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:57 PM

I work from home so my work schedule is flexible and works around the kids

hockeymomsue64
by Sue on Nov. 19, 2011 at 6:48 AM

Yes I work full time, I am a nurse at the hospital and have to juggle my kids hockey schedules a lot. I make it to as many of their games as possible though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)