Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pulling the Goalie

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:59 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 200 Total Views

During my son's game last night, the other team pulled their goalie with over 3 minutes left on the clock. Brandon and I couldn't believed they pulled their goalie so soon. I was also surprised they pulled their goalie for just a regular season game.

How often do you see the goalie being pulled? Have you ever seen one pulled with over 3 minutes left in the game?

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Barabell
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:00 AM

Oh, it didn't help the team either. Within 10 seconds, my son's team got a breakaway and easily scored again. They ended up winning 6 to 3.

highlandmum
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:12 AM

I have seen it, but usually it is at the end of the season when a playoff position hangs in the balance.  Three minutes is a lot of time left on the clock however.  Most teams I have seen usually pull the goalie around the two minute mark, unless they have a power play they want to take advantage of having two extra players on the ice.

Barabell
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:53 AM

I'll add that my son's team has done it before. They did it in the final tournament game last weekend because they were down 1 goal with a minute on the clock.

I've just never seen it done in a regular season kid's game, and I've never seen it with that much time left on the clock.

AliSingleMom4
by Allison on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:51 PM
My oldest son's team does it during the season if the score is close but only towards the end of the 3rd period. Sometimes having the extra skating works out and other times it backfires and the other team scores.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyWeston
by Owner/Admin- Shauna on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:26 PM

Last year every single time Jake's team pulled the goalie the other team would score so they rarely do it this year unless they think they have a good chance of scoring or if it's an important game.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)