Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Outdoor Ice Rinks

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:17 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 274 Total Views

We are putting a outdoor rink in our backyard this year.  I am wondering how many of you do this, or how many of the hockey players out there play pond hockey in the winter.

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
AliSingleMom4
by Allison on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:48 PM
My boys have always want a rink in our backyard but our yard is not flat enough. My 13 year old's friend has one and they always have a bunch of kids over.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:54 PM

I'd love to do one for our son, but I'm not sure how. I've heard that a local landscaping and plant store here has tarps for them, but they're expensive.

MommyWeston
by Owner/Admin- Shauna on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:17 PM

We would love to have a rink in our backyard but our backyard isn't big enough since we have the play equipment, deck and pool back their. They are also really experience. Our town does block off part of the parking lot at the arena and builds a rink for everyone to use. We also have a river, run right throw the middle of town and each year someone clears all of the snow off and make sure it's safe for the kids to skate on.

Barabell
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:40 PM

My sister lives right next to a boarded outdoor rink (moved there this past spring), and she said they already put the warming house up.

She's invited my son to come over and skate on it whenever he wants. He asked if his goalie friend from school could join him, and she agreed. We're just waiting for it to be flooded. 

AlyssaC2
by Alyssa on Dec. 5, 2011 at 10:55 AM

My kids would love their own little rink but it's too expensive

highlandmum
by on Dec. 5, 2011 at 11:14 AM

It is not really that expensive.  The material purchased can last some years.  My friend has used the same tarp for five years.  The up keep is what scares me most.

Walmart has a do it yourself ice rink kit 10 x 20 for $25.00 CDN.  Our rink will be 20' x 35'

Quoting AlyssaC2:

My kids would love their own little rink but it's too expensive

Barabell
by on Dec. 5, 2011 at 2:02 PM

Our coach just sent out an email saying the outdoor refrigerated rinks in our city have been flooded this past weekend.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)