Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 year old, Goalie

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 7:52 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 193 Total Views
1 mom liked this

OH my,  For 6 months now, my almost four year old keeps telling me he wants to be a goalie.  We go to all my nephews games Saturday so excited).  Blows my mind how my son gets so into it.  He wants to play hockey every minute of the day.  Tells me he wants a jersey like my nephews. Sleeps in My nephews beanie that he has to wear his games, so cute.  The other parents call my son.. "Brians biggest fan"

SO in short......... if my three year old... continues on this path I need a second job.  LOL

Have a great day ladies.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 7:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Barabell
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Aw, that is so cute!

highlandmum
by Admin- Elaina on Mar. 12, 2012 at 1:03 PM

That is what my son wanted to be, reason was goalies are always on the ice, and he gets to play the whole game.  He has since changed his mind and wants to be a forward like his Dad.  However we think he will be a defense man.

As for prices - the league around here loans the equipment for all children who want to be or are the goalies for the teams.  Most in the rep teams purchase their own (get 75% paid for by the city), but the option to get the loaner equipment (pads, and gloves) is available.

AngelNCO
by New Member on Mar. 13, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Carter is my oldest and he's never wanted to be goalie, thank goodness... he's sensitive and I think it's too much pressure.  He usually plays Center or Wing.  My youngest isn't the strongest skater yet, it's coming though!  He's showed interest in goalie, again... too much pressure, I think we'd consider it for him.  I give a lot of kudos to parents who allow their kid to play goalie, they have a lot of patience when it comes to comforting their kids after a tough game.

Javamom00
by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 7:13 PM
So
I am learning that ! My sister too me I better tooughen' my skin, make it a little thicker..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)