Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Start of a New Season

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 12:42 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 299 Total Views

When does the new winter season start in your area?

by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Barabell
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Registration just opened up last week, and I think the new season starts with tryouts in the last week of September and first week in October.

hockeymomsue64
by Sue on Aug. 27, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Collin's team starts Labor Day weekend. He don't have his big brother on the team anymore, my son Danny moved to Colorado and is playing hockey there. Then my oldest two are doing whatever lol.

-KJ
by Mite on Aug. 27, 2012 at 5:52 PM
Register by middle of September and hoping to start end of October. Depends in the weather. My DS did summer hockey tho too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
highlandmum
by Admin- Elaina on Aug. 28, 2012 at 7:31 AM

D's tryouts are next weekend.  We had to register back in June for him to be eligible for Novice MD tryouts.  My friends sons had tryouts back in April and have been on the ice since end of June.

Around here however hockey never seems to end this summer for D he had - power skating, skills and scrimmages, and 4-on-4 hockey.

Alysse24
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Registration opens mid-September with try-outs beginning the last week September.

dee06
by New Member on Sep. 1, 2012 at 7:17 AM

My 5yr old starts Sept 5th. I can't wait. He has been off the ice since the end of June and it is the longest he has gone in 2 year.

hockeymomsue64
by Sue on Sep. 8, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Collin's season started last Friday August 31st. He was in goal for his team, they won the game 5-3. Even though he allowed 3 goals he played pretty good, the last goal he allowed he had no chance at stopping. Then he played in the Saturday game and shut the other team out, they won 9-0. Then in the Sunday game he shut another team out, they won 4-0 this time. His backup played in the Monday game to give Collin a day off before practice on Tuesday, then he had Wednesday all to himself, then practice on Thursday and another game Friday and Saturday. He didn't start the Friday game but started the Saturday game, they won the two games he didn't start in and in the Saturday game he allowed 2 goals but they won 5-2.

This is a new team for him, the team he played on last year is a big rival with his new team and Collin wants to shut his former team out. He didn't get along with a few of the older players on his former team and with his older brother going out to Colorado to play hockey he wanted to get on a new team, so he got a phone call from one of the players on his new team and they told him that they want him to come play with them so Collin accepted that offer and has made a ton of new friends on his new team. He's really excited about going to games and practice now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)