Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Woohoo....3 out of 4 signatures!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 10:16 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 295 Total Views

Tonight, I got the 3rd signature needed for my son's hockey waiver. In our state, we have strict guidelines about where you can play, and you have to get waivers with a lot of signatures to play in a different district.

Do you have strict boundaries where you live? Have you ever had to get a waiver before for your kids to play?

by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
highlandmum
by Admin- Elaina on Aug. 29, 2012 at 7:49 AM

In our area you need to be released from the team (waiver).  It is almost impossible for this to happen.  The city I live in is attached to two different centres - chances of them releasing you from one city to play in the other is slim to none.  The only way it happens is if a child is going to be moving during the season, even this can be a chore.  This is what our organization says about waived players

3.         Players Released from other AAA Zones

No player that has been waived from another zone will be able to take the place of a (our City) zone player.  The only exception is that of a player who has registered in his or her zone centre and there is no team in their age division on which to play.  This is only applicable at  the Minor Bantam age group and above.

Barabell
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 9:32 AM

It used to be impossible in our area too, but then our state kept changing the rules. Now we can be guaranteed a school waiver (if the school is within the district but the family household is not), and that's what I'm getting for my son this year. We have school choice in our state, and we have a ton of charter schools too. So many kids go to schools besides their neighborhood school, like my son does. None of my son's friends in our neighborhood actually attends the neighborhood school because it's a poor school.

The hockey association where we live treated my son wrong, and that's why they were willing to sign a waiver for the past two season also. I think it's their way of trying to make things right with us.

Quoting highlandmum:

In our area you need to be released from the team (waiver).  It is almost impossible for this to happen.  The city I live in is attached to two different centres - chances of them releasing you from one city to play in the other is slim to none.  The only way it happens is if a child is going to be moving during the season, even this can be a chore.  This is what our organization says about waived players

3.         Players Released from other AAA Zones

No player that has been waived from another zone will be able to take the place of a (our City) zone player.  The only exception is that of a player who has registered in his or her zone centre and there is no team in their age division on which to play.  This is only applicable at  the Minor Bantam age group and above.

hockeymomsue64
by Sue on Sep. 8, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Danny and Collin did last year, we lived about 100 miles from where they played their home games and then whatever for their away games. This year Danny has moved on and is playing hockey out in Colorado. Collin is my only one left at home now and is in his second season of junior hockey. This year though Collin is on a different team, he decided he didn't like a few kids on the team he was on last year and without his big brother there he didn't want to play for them anymore, but he'll get to play against them now. He wants to start in goal against his former team and shut them out lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN