Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Collin is out for revenge

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 8:28 PM
Sue
  • 13 Replies
  • 385 Total Views

Last season Danny and Collin played on the same ice hockey team, it was Collin's first year of junior hockey and he played a season with his older brother. But now Danny moved to Colorado and is on a team out there and Collin is my only one left at home and we're in Michigan and he wanted to play hockey here so he changed teams and signed to play for a team that is a rival of the team he played on last year. His coach guaranteed him a start in goal for a majority of the game because Collin has amazing talent and is the best goalie in the entire league. He just turned 16 and has already two shutouts in three games this season, he wants to start against his former team and shut them out, he doesn't like a few of the older players on his former team and let them know that he doesn't like them, the older players called him a traitor and told him that he only bailed on them because his brother wasn't on the team anymore, Collin told them whatever and walked the other way. He wants to beat this team so bad he's been talking about it ever since he signed with his new team. The players on his new team are happy to have him on the team and he gets along with his teammates great. He has made a few new friends and his new friends told him not to worry about his old team, they got his back.

by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Barabell
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Sounds like everything is working out for the best. Being around better teammates makes a huge difference.

puckmom25
by New Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 10:35 PM

What team does Collin play for?  My son's team may play his team this season.  He did the right thing by just walking away from his old teammates who obviously do not wish him well.  My son is a defenseman and they ALWAYS have their goalie's back, so he has nothing to worry about on his new team! 

hockeymomsue64
by Sue on Sep. 15, 2012 at 5:57 PM

He plays for the Battle Creek Revolution. He told me that the defenseman all told him that he has nothing to worry about if anyone starts anything with him they are coming after them. It's already happened, last night a forward on the other team started pushing Collin and the captain of Collin's team got into it with him for pushing Collin.

puckmom25
by New Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Yeah, that's pretty much how it works. Defensemen do not let anyone mess with their goalie...ever.  We had our season opener last night against the Granite City Lumberjacks.  My son and one of their defensemen dropped the gloves half way through the second period.  Brad bruised his finger, the other guy got a bloody nose and a black eye and the humility of having started a fight and then lost it.  I don't think we get the opportunity to play you guys during the regular season, but we do during the Showcases, so we will be sure to look for your son!  Wish him the best of luck this season. 

puckmom25
by New Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Is Collin Battle Creek's starting goalie?  I didn't see him listed on their roster.  I wanted to check out his stats.  How did Collin play Juniors last year if he just turned 16 this year?  I thought you couldn't play Juniors until you were already 16. 

hockeymomsue64
by Sue on Sep. 22, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Yes he is, I'm assuming they haven't updated their roster yet for the website. Collin turned 16 in between seasons, you can play juniors when you are 15 and he was too old for bantam,

Quoting puckmom25:

Is Collin Battle Creek's starting goalie?  I didn't see him listed on their roster.  I wanted to check out his stats.  How did Collin play Juniors last year if he just turned 16 this year?  I thought you couldn't play Juniors until you were already 16. 

hockeymomsue64
by Sue on Sep. 22, 2012 at 7:15 PM

He plays his old team next Friday and he is pumped up for it, him and a few of his teammates have been gearing up for this and there might be a few fights so I'm not sure about this. Everyone of the defensemen told him that no matter what no one is going to mess with him and if they do then they are all willing to drop the gloves.

puckmom25
by New Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 4:15 PM

How has he been doing so far into this season?  Has he started any games yet?

hockeymomsue64
by Sue on Sep. 25, 2012 at 3:45 PM

He's played in 6 games so far and has 2 shutouts, he has a 6-0 record and a 2.33 gaa and a .922 save percentage. He's doing really well especially with his new teammates, they love his hard work and take no crap from anyone attitude.

Quoting puckmom25:

How has he been doing so far into this season?  Has he started any games yet?

hockeymomsue64
by Sue on Sep. 27, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Collin's first game against his former team is tomorrow, he has practice at 4:30 today and then tomorrow's game is at 7pm. His coach has already informed him that he'll be starting, his coach knows about Collin's old teammates and wants him in there against his old team. It's a home game for Collin's team and he's really excited about finally getting a chance to showoff against his former team. A player from his former team texted him last night and told Collin that he sucks, little does that kid know but that pumped Collin up even more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN