Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Study of the Gospel of John - Week 1 Day 1

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:17 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 238 Total Views

Good morning ladies! I'm so excited to be starting this bible study with you. This week's reading assignment is John chapter 1.

* If anyone would like the bible passages emailed to them just PM me and I will send them to you each week.

Here are the questions for today. Please share your answers with us.

1. What do you learn about God from reading the Gospel of John Chapter 1 verses 1 and 2?

2. Jesus Christ is referred to as the Word. List 5 aspects of Jesus Christ we learn from studying the Gospel of John Chapter 1 verses   1-4.

3. Jesus is referred to as the Light. List 5 truths you learn about the Light from reading the Gospel of John Chapter 1 verses 4 though 9.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Niborcb
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Here are Katie's (sweet_spirit) answers:

Quoting sweet_spirit:

Katie's answers (i got the questions via email) Scripture John 1:1-9)

1. God had no beginning, Jesus is the eternal Logos, God did not cease to be God during the incarnation, God is from eternity past to eternity future. , There is only 1 God manifested in 3 persons Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

2. Jesus is the eternal Logos, The word was in relationship with God, God is manifested in 3 persons Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, All things came into being through him (all as indvidually one by one, not in totality.) Nothing was made independently of God.

3. Jesus is the life source of light, Speaks of the incarnation of christ and his coming into the world, His light because its derived from his life drives out darkness, Satan even in all his might could not stop the light, John the Baptist was sent to bare witness of the light.

Niborcb
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:41 PM

1. Jesus has always been with God, and Jesus is God.

2. 1) He is the Word and was in the beginning

2) He was with God

3) He is God

4) through Him all things were made

5) in Him was life

3. 1) the light is life

2) the light shines through the darkness

3) there was a witness to the light sent - John the Baptist

4) through the light all men may believe

5) He is the true light who gives light to every man

bugayfamilyof4
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you all :)

MrsCrissyHall
by Crissy on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this

1. That He is the Word, and has been since the beginning.

2. 1. He is the word
    2. He is GOD
    3. There is nothing w/o him
    4. He was with GOD in the beginning
    5. He is the light

3. 1. In him there is life
    2. The light shines in the darkness
    3. John is not the light
    4. The light cannot be overcome by darkness
    5. Gives light to everyone

Pukalani79
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 2:55 AM
1 mom liked this

1. That God is eternal. 

2. That He has always been.  That He is God and that He is with God, indicating that He is Deity and that He is at the same time a separate individual or entity for lack of a better word.  That He had an active role in creation. That through Him is life.  (It's interesting that He is called the Word.  I believe that this indicates that He is the spokesman - if you will - we read of throughout the Old Testament. That when God spoke, it very well have been Jesus Christ. Think of the burning bush.. could it have been Jesus speaking to Moses? Food for thought anyway)

3. That evil cannot overcome Christ, just as darkness cannot overcome light. (When light enters a room, darkness flees.  The same way with Christ and His gospel.) That John came to prepare the way, to tell and prepare the people that the long awaited Messiah was finally coming.  Some would question whether or not John was the Messiah, but he was not. He was simply the herald, if you will, of greater things to come. Jesus Christ is the true light - this is singular. (There is only one true light; only one way to heaven - through Him) Jesus was the light for all men; He did not just come for the Jews, but for the entire world, that each of us might have the opportunity to know God and be made new creatures in Him.

ChelsieAMH
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I do agree with you all. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)