Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms

Welcome to the 99% Moms group! Introduce yourself...

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2011 at 6:17 PM
  • 40 Replies

wave Welcome to the 99% Moms group!  We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms! 

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

To add a 99% Moms group signature to your posts, click here:
99% Moms Group Signatures!

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to
 send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself:)

votingMake yourself at home and enjoy!

Robin, Steph, and the 99% Moms group Mods:
brookiecookie87, deadlights86, gludwig2000, JanuaryBaby06, matreshka, SpeakFreely, nanaofsix531, survivorinohio, TraceNSpace

Join me on The 99% Moms Group
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms

by on Nov. 23, 2011 at 6:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deadlights86
by on Nov. 23, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Hi all I'm Emily I live in Ohio with my hubby and 3 boys and I'm really looking forward to chatting with everyone on such a important topic in our country today.

JanuaryBaby06
by on Nov. 24, 2011 at 11:27 PM

Hey everybody!  I am Caitlin and I reside in Pennsylvania with my husband and our 2 sons! I am very excited to get involved in this discussion and meet other moms that have not only a passion for politics but grasp what is really going on in this country and around the world and what eventually needs to be done about it. I may not agree with how OCCUPY AMERICA has went about things but do share their underlined goals & beliefs.

SpeakFreely
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2011 at 7:29 PM

Hi from WI. I Have 2 beautiful children and when I'm not thinking of their needs, or my family's, I am thinking politics! I fear what the Citizen's United ruling will do, or has already started to do, to our country. If the occupy movement can shed light on the problem and help to loosen the corporate grip on our legislators, I will stand behind them. I am always looking for sensible friends (who am I kidding, they're not ALL sensible). Esp those that live in the Chicago or Milwaukee area. Happy Voting!!

matreshka
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:53 AM

Hi!  One of my passions is community renewal.  I live in Western Massachusetts where there is a big economic down-turn.  I am interested in discussing ways the we as moms, families, and communities can rebuild and have a better future for our children.

Mom2Jake08
by Member on Nov. 27, 2011 at 11:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi, everyone!  I'm a former conservative turned moderate liberal living in the reddest of the red states lol.  I'm very socially liberal and support the OWS movement, though you won't see me protesting since I work full-time and have two toddlers.  There are so many misconceptions about the movement thanks to Fox News and republican talking heads.  To me, this is what it's about:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
JanuaryBaby06
by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 9:44 AM

wow! Just wow! that picturegave me goosebumps.It is a scary world out there!

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

Hi, everyone!  I'm a former conservative turned moderate liberal living in the reddest of the red states lol.  I'm very socially liberal and support the OWS movement, though you won't see me protesting since I work full-time and have two toddlers.  There are so many misconceptions about the movement thanks to Fox News and republican talking heads.  To me, this is what it's about:

paganmom05
by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 8:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi! I'm Codi. I'm a Navy wife and we're moving soon but we don't know where yet! We have 2 kids, Austyn (DD 6) and Ronan (DS 2). I am also a full time student going for my RN with plans to become a homebirth midwife. Healthcare for women is kind of my pet issue, followed closely by LGBT.

survivorinohio
by Member on Dec. 1, 2011 at 11:06 AM

Hi, I'm Rene and I have a lot of passion about corporate America and OWS as it relates to that.

JanuaryBaby06
by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 11:40 PM

welcome pagan & survivor, we look forward to hearing from you both?

GaleJ
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 2:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello and thanks for the invitation to join the group. I will turn fifty-eight on Christmas Day, and will be married thirty-nine years in February. We have one child, our son, who just turned twenty-one is October. He is working as an EMT and is working toward his qualification as a full paramedic. My husband is union and works for our local public transportation authority as a foreman in a large repair facility. Before my son was born i worked in retail. After his birth our family helped to found a Montessori school and I worked there for twelve years, in many capacities, both as a volunteer and as a paid employee, ending up as a classroom assistant in a combined classroom with over sixty children between the ages of five and thirteen with five adults. I left the school in 2006 to care for my MIL through hospice and after she died I did not return to work and am currently a full time homemaker.

I consider myself to be a far, far left liberal, politically, and very much a part of the 99% and support OWS. I am generally feeling rather discouraged by the state of the world and especially by the situation here in the U.S. but am glad, at last, to see a large scale, reactive response from the liberal/left/99%. 

I look forward to getting to know the rest of you and am glad to find an online community that reflects my concerns and political position and hope to learn much from all of you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)