Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms

Welcome to the 99% Moms group! Introduce yourself...

Posted by   + Show Post

wave Welcome to the 99% Moms group!  We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms! 

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

To add a 99% Moms group signature to your posts, click here:
99% Moms Group Signatures!

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to
 send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself:)

votingMake yourself at home and enjoy!

Robin, Steph, and the 99% Moms group Mods:
brookiecookie87, deadlights86, gludwig2000, JanuaryBaby06, matreshka, SpeakFreely, nanaofsix531, survivorinohio, TraceNSpace

Join me on The 99% Moms Group
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms

by on Nov. 23, 2011 at 6:17 PM
Replies (31-40):
matreshka
by on Jan. 20, 2012 at 12:30 PM
Quoting cindy10989:

Hi moms. I'm Cindy, I'm 47, divorced and remarried, and mom to three kids, ages12-18. I have always considered myself liberal in my politics, and wholeheartedly support the OWS movement. I agree that the rich in this country wouldn't be there, had it not been for the rest of us who sweated, worked, and struggled to make a living. I am disgusted by the gap in income in this country, seeing some flourish while the rest starve.  I am here to learn more, to become better versed in all of this, and to make some friends! Thanks for having me!

welcome to the group! I have learned a lot here about ows and my views have always been considered liberal. I totally agree with you that if it wasn't for the workers the rich would not be rich at all. Please feel free to jump into the conversation wherever you'd like :)
Pherlyce
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Hi to Everyone...... I like all the discussion on this forum, my morning is consumed of reading almost all the messages :))   I cannot wait to read more, this is like watching or reading a news to me, thanks CM for sharing this.thank you

dawn080759
by New Member on Jan. 31, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Hi I'm Dawn I'm 52.  I have been widowed for 9 years and have 3 adult children.  My big concern with this election is social securty.  I see my dad who is 83 today living if that's what you want to call is off of less then $900 a month

brookiecookie87
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Quoting Pherlyce:

Hi to Everyone...... I like all the discussion on this forum, my morning is consumed of reading almost all the messages :))   I cannot wait to read more, this is like watching or reading a news to me, thanks CM for sharing this.thank you

Haha. Welcome to the group.

I enjoy the News that people find here as well. I try to post stories of interest whenever I see them and I do a lot of looking and there is always someone who finds articles/stories/events I did not see while I was looking.

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

Terri1978
by New Member on Feb. 21, 2012 at 10:26 AM
Hi, i am Terri : i have two boys 3 years and one is 9 months, i am new to cafe mom
I came looking for other moms who i can relate to ! I feel very isolated sometimes and
Wanted to assure myself others go through some of the same things as me!
nanaofsix531
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Hi Terri welcome to the group.I hope you will feel at home here.If I can help you any way at all please feel free to ask.

Quoting Terri1978:

Hi, i am Terri : i have two boys 3 years and one is 9 months, i am new to cafe mom
I came looking for other moms who i can relate to ! I feel very isolated sometimes and
Wanted to assure myself others go through some of the same things as me!

Bookwormy
by New Member on Feb. 23, 2012 at 7:13 PM
Hi! I live in Central TX with my partner & our 5yo daughter. We both work outside the home. I hate TX & its conservative politics!

Samantha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nanaofsix531
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Welcome Samantha.I live in a very conservative small town in Michigan.This is the place to come for good conversation and not get a conservative screaming at you. LOL enjoy.

Quoting Bookwormy:

Hi! I live in Central TX with my partner & our 5yo daughter. We both work outside the home. I hate TX & its conservative politics!

Samantha

chrisimac
by New Member on Feb. 26, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Hi all, I'm Chris, I live in Orlando with my husband and four kids. Hubby was one of the first organizers of Occupy Orlando. Looking forward to reading here...

littlelamb303
by New Member on Mar. 23, 2012 at 5:40 PM

I am 47 yrs old, I live on Long Island with my husband and one teenage daughter.  I was born into a republican family and most of my friends/family STILL vote that way.  I used to be a strong, anti liberal republican in my youth, but I believe it was because of what my family believed.  It was not until I really did my homework and studied politics/history that I woke up.  Nothing that I learned was ever taught when I was in catholic high school 30 yrs ago.  I do not recall learning much about the first great depression, herbert hoover or even FDR.  I have an MA degree, but learned more about history and politics long after I got out of school.  To be honest with you, seeing what the GOP has done to us over the years just scares me to death.  In my occupation, I have worked with people from many different backgrounds and everyone has a story to tell.  I am appalled at the attack on the middle/lower classes, woman etc.  It annoys me that the wall street greed has not been punished, yet it seems the average working american is the one that has been hurt the most.  I want to go back to the days when people, like my parents in the 70s, were able to get jobs that provided us with a decent middle class upbringing, even though they were not college educated.  I never ONCE heard my parents being afraid they would get fired or not be able to get a job, NOT ONCE.  Things have truly gone down hill and it is up to US to fix that for our kids/grandkids

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN