Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms

Supreme Court FLASH RALLY Thurs. 12 pm

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 10:43 AM
  • 4 Replies

Uploaded by on Feb 20, 2012

http://www.coffeepartyusa.com/cu-redo

Add your voice to our demonstration of
THE COURT OF PUBLIC OPINION
on "Citizens United"
12 noon • Thurs. Feb. 23 • US Supreme Court building.

What's your opinion of the "Citizens United" decision and the impact of unlimited, undisclosed election spending on our Republic?

How do you feel about the Montana case before the Supreme Court that could cause them to reconsider the "Super-Pac Decree?"

Express yourself on Feb. 23 at 12 noon, and help us show that We the People have a powerful voice in the decisions that will shape our destiny.

Bring a sign, bring a friend, bring your voice and help us kick of a Court of Public Opinion Campaign and wake up the nation:

"America, your opinion matters! Weigh in on Citizens United!"

This video is a clip from a Coffee Party Radio show exploring the implications of a case before the US Supreme Court that could lead to a revisiting of the controversial "Citizens United" decree from Jan. 2010, which opened the floodgates for unlimited and undisclosed election spending by multinational corporations and other special interests.

In an unusual statement, US Supreme Court Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Stephen Breyer have called for a reconsideration of the Court's January 2010 Citizens United ruling. The Supreme Court this evening issued a stay of the Montana Supreme Court's December 30, 2011 ruling which had upheld the state's century-old law banning corporate money in elections. The US Supreme Court's stay order means that, for the first time in 100 years, corporations may make unlimited expenditures in the state's elections. But, Justice Ginsburg, joined by Justice Breyer, issued a concurring statement making clear that this case is "an opportunity to consider whether, in light of the huge sums currently deployed to buy candidates' allegiance, Citizens United should continue to hold sway."

The Court is likely to accept review of the Montana case. The main question now is whether it will issue a reversal of the state supreme court ruling without a full argument on the merits or whether it will allow that full argument. Either way, this will push even further to the forefront the impact of the Citizens United ruling on our democracy.

The host of the show, recorded on Feb. 19, 2012, was Jessica English. Her guests included Annabel Park, founder of Coffee Party USA, and Eric Byler its newly elected president.

More details here:
http://www.coffeepartyusa.com/cu-redo

http://ow.ly/9aGiH

by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
nanaofsix531
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Sorry i sent this so late i didn't see it until this morning.I will try and get the flash rally as soon as coffeeparty posts it.

matreshka
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 3:23 PM

This is great, I really hope it build momentum after Ginsberg's comments about reconsidering Citizen's united.  Ever since that decision was handed down I have had a feeling it would be overturned eventually, especially when the SCOTUS sees how it affects this election.

nanaofsix531
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 6:37 PM

The rally. I am sorry i thought this was last weeks rally.This one is from last month.I will try and get last weeks asap.

matreshka
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Can't wait to watch this later :)

Quoting nanaofsix531:

The rally.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)