Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms

Coming Together in a Movement of Movements

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2012 at 5:30 PM
  • 2 Replies

Coming Together in a Movement of Movements

The 99% Declaration provides a rare opportunity to bring together the various organizations fighting diligently on behalf of critically important single issues in a potential "Movement of Movements" to garner widespread support for issues many of us agree need to be addressed and redressed immediately.

The more our voices join together in unison, the more they will be heard.  At this time of crisis in our democracy, we must unite our disparate causes into a single effort wherever our interests intersect to quickly correct the course of our country and restore democracy BY THE PEOPLE, FOR THE PEOPLE.

Please invite the organizations you are involved in - it's easy with our prepared letter (click read more to see).  Just copy and fill in or replace the information where appropriate and send!

Date

Name
Address
City, State, ZIP

Greetings ______,

Today, there is almost universal agreement that our nation is headed in the wrong direction for the 99% of our citizens. The 99% Declaration Plan offers a solution through our First Amendment Right to Petition the government for a Redress of Grievances. Sure, this has been attempted before, but never before has the Petition been drafted with input from across the nation and ratified by elected delegates from every Congressional District, the Territories, and the District of Columbia.

The 99% Declaration Plan includes an unprecedented and historic election that will take place the weekend of June 1st to 3rd, 2012.  Voting is through a secure, auditable online voting system using e-ballots provided by Votenet Solutions, Inc. After the election, the 878 elected delegates, one man and one woman from each district, will convene a Continental Congress 2.0 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania the week of July 4th, 2012, to finalize and ratify the Petition to Redress Grievances. The ratified Petition will be signed by the Delegates and presented to the American people during a rally at Independence Hall the afternoon of July 4, 2012.

Once ratified by the delegates, the Petition will be presented to all 535 members of Congress, the 9 members of the Supreme Court, the President of the United States and each of the political candidates seeking federal public office in the November 2012 general election. Candidates and sitting politicians will be asked to redress the petition, and their responses will be shared with the national voting public before November 6, 2012.

Current Progress: There are twenty-one draft grievances currently listed on the 99% Declaration website (www.the99declaration.org) which were created using the suggestions, edits and comments of literally thousands of people. Our website includes various tools for everyone to participate in the process of drafting the grievances, voting in the election and/or serving as a delegate. These 21 suggested grievances and solutions will likely be winnowed down to around ten after also considering additional suggestions from all 878 delegates and their constituents.

To date, ____ delegate candidates have registered (www.thenationalgeneralassembly.org) and are campaigning and working on their state delegation’s “top ten” grievances. Since November, we have raised funds and paid the voting company and the venue rental fee, and obtained all necessary permits and insurance.

The Continental Congress 2.0 is a non-partisan movement and is designed to redirect our nation in a more positive way for the 21st Century. The government must recognize that there is a fourth, more powerful, branch of government: the American people.

The 99% Declaration is not only unprecedented in its use of a national election run by, for and of the people rather than the government, it is also a rare opportunity to bring together the various organizations fighting diligently on behalf of critically important single issues in a potential "Movement of Movements" to garner widespread support for issues many of us agree need to be addressed and redressed immediately.

My understanding is that your organization's mission statement revolves around ___________ which relates to draft grievance number ___ in the 99% Declaration. Here is the current text of that draft grievance: _______________________________. 

I am pleased to invite your organization’s members to register to vote in the election and participate in the drafting of the Petition on the website.  Please also invite your members to run as candidates in their Congressional Districts on the draft grievances they most support.  

The more our voices join together in unison, the more they will be heard.  At this time of crisis in our democracy, we must unite our disparate causes into a single effort wherever our interests intersect to quickly correct the course of our country and restore democracy BY THE PEOPLE, FOR THE PEOPLE.

If this sparks your interest, please:

I’d be happy to discuss this further with you and answer any questions you may have.

There IS a Solution!  WE are all part of it!

(Signature) 

(Sender Name)
The 99% Declaration
(sender email address or support@the99declaration.org)
(phone number if sender is ok with that)
www.the99declaration.org

by on Mar. 22, 2012 at 5:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
matreshka
by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Thnak you for this, I am going to send this out to friends and family :)  I like the tone and I think its inclusive of many ideologies.

nanaofsix531
by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 12:15 PM

I have sent it to everyone I know.

Quoting matreshka:

Thnak you for this, I am going to send this out to friends and family :)  I like the tone and I think its inclusive of many ideologies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)