Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meet the 0.01 Percent: War Profiteers

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 1:33 PM
  • 7 Replies

Uploaded by  on Oct 26, 2011

Help give your local Occupy group the tools they need to fight corporate power by sharing our new video with them and posting it on your social networks: http://warcosts.com/1percent

War industry CEOs make tens of millions of dollars a year, putting them in the top 0.01 percent of income earners in the U.S.

Northrop Grumman CEO Wes Bush made $22.84 million last year.

Lockheed Martin CEO Robert Stevens made $21.89 million.

Boeing CEO James McNerney: $19.4 million.

These guys use their corporations' massive lobbying dollars to keep their job-killing gravy train rolling. Last year, their companies spent a whopping $46 million on lobbying, corrupting our politics and ensuring that their bank accounts continue to fatten at our expense. These executives are some of the main reasons why we're wasting so much on war instead of rebuilding our own nation here at home.
Help us fight their propaganda campaign to protect their profits. Use our list to share this video with your local Occupy group and encourage them to show it at their events: http://warcosts.com/1percent

CORRECTION: Lockheed Martin's CEO is Robert Stevens. The video refers to him as "Martin Stevens" which is incorrect.

by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
matreshka
by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

What I can't stand are the contractors that get paid more to do the same work the enlisted men and women do.  I am fully against war, but its a shame our men and women overseas don't seem to get any respect from the government there or when they get back.

nanaofsix531
by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep the troops are to be used and abused for big money.A real American shame.

Quoting matreshka:

What I can't stand are the contractors that get paid more to do the same work the enlisted men and women do.  I am fully against war, but its a shame our men and women overseas don't seem to get any respect from the government there or when they get back.

gludwig2000
by Gina on Mar. 23, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Exactly.

Quoting matreshka:

Sisteract
by Member on Mar. 23, 2012 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this

This is what I am talking about when I say picking up pennies (AFDC) while millions float over our heads. Corp entitlements are so devastating to our economy.

nanaofsix531
by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Have you ever watched Iraq For Sale? It makes me cry every time I see it.

Quoting matreshka:

matreshka
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 9:20 AM

I saw that and it made me so angry and sad.

Quoting nanaofsix531:

Quoting matreshka:

nanaofsix531
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 1:37 PM

I e-mailed Candice Miller after watching it the first time I saw it.That was one of the biggest fights I had ever gotten into with her.Even got a call from her DC office. LOL

Quoting matreshka:

I saw that and it made me so angry and sad.

Quoting nanaofsix531:

Quoting matreshka:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)