Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms

99% spring

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 7:22 PM
  • 1 Replies

Our nation's greatest steps forward have come when everyday people stood up and took courageous, visionary, and morally compelling direct action—from the struggle to secure the vote for women, to the strikes that built power for workers and unions, to the civil rights movement.

Now we need to create that kind of change again in America.

Groups from every corner of our movement—inspired by the everyday heroes of Occupy Wall Street and Madison—are planning a massive campaign of bold nonviolent direct actions to make the voices of the 99% impossible to ignore.

During the week of April 9-15, in small towns and big cities all across America, 100,000 people will come together for an unprecedented national nonviolent direct action training. We'll learn to tell the story of our economy and what went wrong; we'll learn the history of nonviolent direct action; and, we'll learn how we can take action and create great change in this country.

Will you join The 99% Spring? Click here to find the event near you.

Last year, from the Wisconsin workers who took over their state capitol to Occupy Wall Street, we saw a new movement in America using direct action to highlight the massive inequality that's destroying our country.

We need to continue to make the voices of the 99% impossible to ignore.

Local organizations and volunteers are running more than 750 trainings in living rooms, union halls, churches, and community centers nationwide. All we need now is to get as many people as possible to join in - people like YOU.

The 99% Spring is our chance to learn how we can take action to challenge corporate power, end tax giveaways to the 1%, fight the influence of money in politics, and create an economy that works for all of us.

Will you help create that kind of America? Click here to sign up for a 99% Spring action training in your area:

http://www.the99spring.com/route.php?type=participant&code=99NPA


Can't attend a 99% Spring training? Consider making a donation so someone else can. Your contribution will help cover training expenses, legal support, and travel for individuals who wouldn't otherwise be able to attend. Chip in here.

Thank you for all you do to make this movement real.

–Ian, Amanda, Jordan and the rest of the NPA Team

connect with us



Want to support our work? NPA fights for financial reform, accountable government, and economic and racial justice. Chip in here.

7,126 people like NPA on Facebook. Can you help us get to 10,000? Like us on Facebook

by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
nanaofsix531
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Thanks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN