Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Our Relationships

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2011 at 11:37 AM
  • 18 Replies
  • 401 Total Views
Any challanges with your marriage or relationship that had to do with strictly race? Whether from family members or from friends?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 15, 2011 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
poohlover515
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 9:35 PM

No, I've been fortunate in that area, my family ADORES him and vise versa!

iheartmiboys
by Group Owner on Nov. 18, 2011 at 10:39 AM
Same here!! My family loves DH so much. But his family is still warming up to me. Its sad but it is what it is.

Quoting poohlover515:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BettyI
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 3:05 PM

In the beginning, my family were very vocal and us not belonging together.  But I guess they eventually realized that DH was not going anywhere. And now they cannot wait for us to add to our family.

iheartmiboys
by Group Owner on Nov. 18, 2011 at 5:35 PM
Im happy your family came around. I know it's not easy. I'm still dealing with DH's parents and family smh but I know it's hard.

Quoting BettyI:

In the beginning, my family were very vocal and us not belonging together.  But I guess they eventually realized that DH was not going anywhere. And now they cannot wait for us to add to our family.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ronique1989
by on Nov. 19, 2011 at 1:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting poohlover515:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_WC_Mama
by on Nov. 21, 2011 at 1:19 AM

Nope,but when I used to date a lot of AA men before my s/o people would give me nasty looks when I was out with them,I just ignored it,also when I took my 1st born son out I got a lot of nasty looks from people and someone had the nerve to call him ugly :-(

iheartmiboys
by Group Owner on Nov. 21, 2011 at 10:10 AM
Are you kidding me ugly. They would have got slapped. Since my oldest is a lot lighter than me. They thought I was his baby sit I'll post a pic in shared pictures.

Quoting _WC_Mama:

Nope,but when I used to date a lot of AA men before my s/o people would give me nasty looks when I was out with them,I just ignored it,also when I took my 1st born son out I got a lot of nasty looks from people and someone had the nerve to call him ugly :-(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shstrong44
by on Nov. 21, 2011 at 10:17 PM

Yes, we both lost our immediate extended families and adult children. We have adopted seven AA children which only enhanced their disregard for us.

iheartmiboys
by Group Owner on Nov. 21, 2011 at 10:32 PM
First, I am so sorry to hear that your family turn their back on you guys.
Second, Im so excited about the fact you guys adopted several children, regardless of race. I so want to adopt one day.

Quoting shstrong44:

Yes, we both lost our immediate extended families and adult children. We have adopted seven AA children which only enhanced their disregard for us.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
varza
by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 1:56 AM
1 mom liked this

It hurts me when I hear that people lose their families because of falling in love with someone.

But for me no, my parents wanted me to be with him before we even got together. And my mom says she had an inkling  I would marry a black man when I told my grandfather when I was 14 that I was going to marry my then best friend, Jerome and I always seemed to be connected more with the black community.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)