Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever heard....

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 9:07 PM
  • 16 Replies
  • 357 Total Views
You babies will be so cute. Well me and DH was out at date night and we were leaving and this woman stopped and cause she seen my huge belly and said your babies will be beautiful. As u know DH is Japanese and I'm black. So me and DH is walkin to car and he says all I hear is how beautiful our baby will be and blah blah. DH says What if he not? What makes people assume that already? Do you ever hear that before your baby was born???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 9:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
poohlover515
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 9:31 PM

I used to hear that when I was pregnant too! Or that since I was having a mixed baby they were going to have a TON of hair.....LOL! My poor DD didn't even have enought for a pony tail till she was over a yr! Here's her 1 yr pic, my poor bald headed baby....LOL!!

NewJoyOn1308
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 9:38 PM

I have heard it many times and my daughter isn't mixed. While you could take it as a compliment, it really sounds ignorant. The reason I say that is because the person saying it is looking at the fact that you and your husband are not of the same ethnicity so they think that is what will make your children beautiful. I agree that your children will look unique because they will be of two different ethnicities, but who is to say they wouldn't be beautiful if you and your husband were black?

iheartmiboys
by Group Owner on Nov. 18, 2011 at 10:42 AM
Awww poor baby but she is so adorable. Ikr because he's mixed he is cute. And the funny thing is most people have never seen an japanese/black mixed child. I haven't seen really lol

Quoting poohlover515:

I used to hear that when I was pregnant too! Or that since I was having a mixed baby they were going to have a TON of hair.....LOL! My poor DD didn't even have enought for a pony tail till she was over a yr! Here's her 1 yr pic, my poor bald headed baby....LOL!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iheartmiboys
by Group Owner on Nov. 18, 2011 at 10:46 AM
Exactly I just be like umm thank you. My youngest is not DH's bio son and he is half Ethiopian I'm American Black I and everybody else think he is cutest kid walking. I love his little chocolate butt. But no one said during my pregnancy oh he's going to beautiful because he is black. Smh

Quoting NewJoyOn1308:

I have heard it many times and my daughter isn't mixed. While you could take it as a compliment, it really sounds ignorant. The reason I say that is because the person saying it is looking at the fact that you and your husband are not of the same ethnicity so they think that is what will make your children beautiful. I agree that your children will look unique because they will be of two different ethnicities, but who is to say they wouldn't be beautiful if you and your husband were black?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
varza
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:16 PM

I got that a lot when I was pregnant but no one could ever figure out my husbands race (he gets everything from mexican to samoan but never black off the bat).

BTW, one of the first interracial child I ever met was a good friend of mine in middle school. She was half japanese-half black. I have known quite a few half asian-half black persons since then and most of them were gorgeous!

iheartmiboys
by Group Owner on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:34 PM
My DH gets Spanish also... I meet other mixed Asians but mostly Asian n white. But I think mixed children are very unique in general.

Quoting varza:

I got that a lot when I was pregnant but no one could ever figure out my husbands race (he gets everything from mexican to samoan but never black off the bat).

BTW, one of the first interracial child I ever met was a good friend of mine in middle school. She was half japanese-half black. I have known quite a few half asian-half black persons since then and most of them were gorgeous!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BettyI
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 3:03 PM

I always hear that our babies with be beautiful--and we are not even pregnant yet.

iheartmiboys
by Group Owner on Nov. 18, 2011 at 4:23 PM
Yea we got that too before pregnancy. We would be like what??

Quoting BettyI:

I always hear that our babies with be beautiful--and we are not even pregnant yet.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CocoabutterMama
by on Nov. 19, 2011 at 5:36 PM

I think any race mix with black will make a unique looking person.  But looks isn't everything!

iheartmiboys
by Group Owner on Nov. 20, 2011 at 12:40 AM
Ikr it doesn't matter but to the many people that has said that to us it does.

Quoting CocoabutterMama:

I think any race mix with black will make a unique looking person.  But looks isn't everything!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)