Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CIO

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:04 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 158 Total Views

crying How do you feel about CIO? I am not so sure. Cadence just WONT go to sleep. And I'm so tired. She's 9 months old and I'm ready to have a routine. We typically do the cry 10 min and then soothe, cry 10 min and then if she's still awake soothe and then if still not working I go pick her up. But this is making me insane. She is so stubborn. My other 2 would never make it past the first 10 min, on the rare occasion they were still fussing I was able to soothe then and they'd sleep. But she is so stubborn. I feel bad. Anyone else done it?

Dazzling Darling Designs - my design site on facebook

my Family Blog

by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
macksmommy2b
by Group Owner on Nov. 18, 2011 at 8:46 PM

So last night she finally settled down. IT took 30 minutes. I don't think I will do it again. It made me sad. :(

armymama0609
by oldie but goodie on Nov. 20, 2011 at 9:27 AM

Yeah my mom tells me all the time to just let Madison scream in her words "she cant scream all night". O.M.G. Yeah not gonna happen. I need to do something I know, but I just can do that it just seams cruel to me. It makes me feel like she thinks I dont love her. Like I dont care that she is screaming.

macksmommy2b
by Group Owner on Nov. 21, 2011 at 12:19 AM

That's how I feel about it too. :( I rocked her to sleep tonight and put her down and this time when I transferred her she didn't wake up. Thank goodness! I can't stand the crying either. It breaks my heart simple frown

burningfirestar
by Co-Admin on Nov. 21, 2011 at 9:15 AM

Mathias ended up screaming for one hour the one night, but nothing was settling him at all. two bottles (which he drank and did that sad upset breathing thing though), diaper change, holding, rocking, back patting, soothing, anything I could think of. I hated it, but finally at the hour mark, I gave him another bottle and he went to sleep. There are nights that I'm tempted to just let him CIO, but then I wouldn't get sleep. However, I've discovered that if I put him down half and hour early with a bottle, he'll drink it, play quietly for 15-20 minutes, demand another bottle, and then sleep till 4:30-5:30am.

mrs.b_07
by Co-Admin on Nov. 21, 2011 at 10:23 AM
Oh man do I feel like I wrote this post! Stella is my non stop cryer w/ colic an all. If you let her cry an don't do anything she begins screaming an getting even more mad to the point she's draws out her cries of holding her breath to where she almost passes out. I cannot handle my baby cio. They are only 3mo an that is there only way to communicate to me. My mom also says let her cio shell stop I've let her cry awhile a couple x's for my kia mother to see how bad it gets an that she will not stop. If she were a different tempermate I might try cio but she's so colicky/bad tempered I won't do it.
Its like I told my mom, I remember being a lil kid an just wanting my mommy at night so I want to soothe her as much as I can :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)