Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A Teenager's Self Expression!

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:20 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 251 Total Views

I don't have a pic to share yet, but for a long time now, my daughter has wanted a lip piercing. She's 14 years old and though she wouldn't be the first at her age and won't be the last, the requirement for her to get one was to get good grades and keep them up.

Well, she's done just that. So she calls me this morning and asks if she can get one now. I finally say yes . . . she does it herself. I was worried that she didn't have a lip ring. Turns out her friend gave her one. I haven't seen it yet, though I don't think it's going to look bad. I think she did it herself because she was worried about how much it would hurt with the professional and that she could control the pain if she did it herself. She's way braver than I am! Then again, I wouldn't get a lip piercing.

Anyway, at least I can say  my son never wanted  any piercings. But then my  daughter has always been an original.

Krys

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Lisa_2900
by Group Owner on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:54 PM

wow..well if she's keeping up her grades then good for her..I wouldn't of been that brave to get one done and definately not do it myself!! YIKES!  My teens are going through different stages of being teens...my youngest son who is 13 is into his hair and all that and my mid son is into going to dances and dressing up like that and my daughter..she wants to get into the wearing skirts/dresses etc and all that now..lots of changes for them going around this year..were fixing to move into the bigger house starting this week until the 1st..moving slowly but surely and the boys finally get there own room..its a 5 bedroom house for $600 a month! Couldn't say no to that and kept going for it and I got it!! So thrilled!!!!! We can finally get them in there own rooms and put 2 twins in there for them so if they have a friend over they will have the extra bed..so excited!

Lisa_2900
by Group Owner on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:54 PM

wow..well if she's keeping up her grades then good for her..I wouldn't of been that brave to get one done and definately not do it myself!! YIKES!  My teens are going through different stages of being teens...my youngest son who is 13 is into his hair and all that and my mid son is into going to dances and dressing up like that and my daughter..she wants to get into the wearing skirts/dresses etc and all that now..lots of changes for them going around this year..were fixing to move into the bigger house starting this week until the 1st..moving slowly but surely and the boys finally get there own room..its a 5 bedroom house for $600 a month! Couldn't say no to that and kept going for it and I got it!! So thrilled!!!!! We can finally get them in there own rooms and put 2 twins in there for them so if they have a friend over they will have the extra bed..so excited!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)