Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Would You Spend Your Tax Return or Retro Check on?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:32 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 321 Total Views

Everyone is gearing up to get their refunds. I won't get one because I don't file. I can't. No job, no refund. :-P But I recently got my SSI approved and will be getting a retro check though I don't know how much yet.

But I thought I would put out the question - what are you going to do with your money?

Photobucket

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Lisa_2900
by Group Owner on Feb. 23, 2012 at 12:17 AM

We just got our's back hmm maybe 2 weeks or so ago and its gone! It was a pretty good sized one and I paid the bills up like I needed too and paid for my trip to Vegas so that was great and the kids got things that they needed but it sucked because I owed my mom and step dad more then half of it! So that was gone before I blinked! But I got most of what I wanted and needed...a few things I could of or should of done but oh well....

That's good that you got the SSI approved and you will be getting a nice check from them. So what do you plan on doing with it?

Krystina_Grant
by Head Admin on Feb. 23, 2012 at 12:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, it turns out that the SSI retro payment is split into three payments. I get one now, another in August and the last of it next February. The first installment is going to be $2500, plus I'm getting my monthly amount this month and get another on the first. It's good because the first thing I'm doing is fixing my car. It's going to take about $1200-$1500, but at least it's going to get done and I'll keep having a car for awhile. Then I want to get a new laptop. My kids will share the one I have now. I am also letting my friends family borrow some money so that my friend's son can move down here from Oregon. Not to mention a few other things and dinner out for my friends family because they have been there and helped me all through this process! Oh and two new swim suits. I need them so badly. The one I have is all stretched out and I am doing water aerobics on a regular basis. So that's kind of important too.

Eventually I'm going to get my daughter a laptop too. Either that or she's going to get a good portion to get new clothes in August before School starts up again. It'll be her first year of High School so I know she'll want new clothes! LOL!

Anyway, I don't have any real bills except my rent for my mom and my car insurance. I'm lucky that way. I was also going to buy a bed, but my friends family found me a bed for $60! Can't be thaat. I can say I  have the best friends EVER! I'm a very lucky person!

Photobucket

Lisa_2900
by Group Owner on Feb. 23, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Well that's good that you will get your car fixed and the other things too. My daughter will be starting her first year of high school in the new school year in Aug too...not to sure that I am ready for that yet! My middle son will be a sophmore and my youngest will be in the 7th grade. We live closer to the middle school now and thats where the high school bus stop is so that helps and I don't have to get out every morning and take them and I love that! lol..I konw what you mean, I feel pretty luck with all of my friends that I have too. They are the greatest to me and woudln't know what to do without any one of them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)