• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what to have for natural birth

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:35 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 400 Total Views

So we can't find a doula we can afford. So it seems my partner is going to be my main support. So we wanted to know what really helped you get threw natural labor like getting your hair brushed or smells. Things we can get a head of time to help with natural labor.  What should we pack. So far we thought of a yoga ball, stress balls, and oddly a paintbrush. My three year old was pretending to paint me and I realized it felt really nice so we are packing a new house painting brush. .. any other ideas. My first was a medicade labor because I feel I did not research it well enough. I ended up with a C-section. This time I am doing a Vbac with no drugs. I want to go threw the whole thing with my little one. I really want a homebirth but can't find a midwife who does them in my state. We thought about what we would need for one and are just unsure what to do and what problems to look for. So this time it will be a natural hospital birth I guess.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
madisonsmom2005
by Group Owner on Feb. 9, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Where do you live? Also have you looked into doing a Bradley Class? Let me know and I can sure try to help point you in the right direction.

~Jen~ Group Owner of Bringing Birth Home.    http://www.cafemom.com/group/116103                                     

I am a home birthing, breastfeeding, midwife using, cloth diapering, delayed cord cutting, natural birthing type of mama!!

elisybeth
by New Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 10:54 PM
I had a completely natural homebirth and I could not have done it without a heating pad and hot shower on my lower back. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
little_pixies
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I am doing a hypno birthing class. Starting this month

vcaulkins
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Have you talked to any of the doulas in your area? I plan on doing a home birth if I get pregnant and after doing some research a lot of the doulas say in their sites that they will offer discounts to those who can't afford the regular price ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)