Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

first!

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 7:21 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 209 Total Views
Seeings how I'm the first to join I'll start and introduction post!

My names Jess. Hello fellow wool lovers. I have 2 baby boys and another baby due in May. I do so very much love wool. Felting, knitting you name it. I really wish I could like fitted diapers just for the longies and Shorties but sadly I just can not over come my dislike of them. I'm a hardcore crafted have been for as long as I can remember. I was 13 the first time I got to work with wool. Luck me it was even natural um "raw" wool. My art teacher had llamas! I was able to dye it myself and everything. Have been hooked scene. I'm trying to convince my husband to let me have my own flock of sheep goats and llamas. I think I almost have him lol. Anyways introduce yourselves and let's get this group going!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
hriabywx4
by New Member on Dec. 7, 2011 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi I'm Heather. I have just discovered the world of wool! I have 5 boys, 12, 12, 11, 4 and 3weeks. My mom has even got sucked in she has made several wool soakers for my LO. I have also tried my hand at making them but hers look much better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crunchy_momma2
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 7:33 PM
Hi Heather! That's a crazy amount of boys you have lol

Quoting hriabywx4:

Hi I'm Heather. I have just discovered the world of wool! I have 5 boys, 12, 12, 11, 4 and 3weeks. My mom has even got sucked in she has made several wool soakers for my LO. I have also tried my hand at making them but hers look much better!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VolpeFemmina
by Group Owner on Dec. 8, 2011 at 12:13 AM

Hello ladies. I didn't think there would be any members already. Glad to see there is.

Anyhow, I'm Emily. I actually just got into wool. I crochet and thats what got my hooked (no pun intended lol). I made my first pair of longies, and I don't think I'll ever want to work with another fibre (besides cotton for dishcloths), its just so nice on the hands.

I want to dye my own yarn someday, and I would love to have my own sheep and goats. I actually had a dream last night about shearing my sheep, hehe. 

PoodleMum
by Member on Dec. 8, 2011 at 2:32 AM

Hehehehehe, I so needed this group!!!!!  I am a new wool addict, I just can't get enough!

Hi, I'm Anna and I'm addicted to wool...

Pippi, my 11 month old DD, can't wear PUL, but wool has been a godsend!  I can't believe I waited this long to try it!  I made my first pair of longies for her last month and she wears them every day lol.  She also has another pair, but they're a little big for now.  I have enough wool yarn to make 3 pairs of longies and a soaker, plus want more for Christmas *hides in shame*.  My mum and I are looking into getting some sheep to raise for wool (my goat needs a friend?).  Oh and the yarn I'm using for the soaker, I'm going to dye with kool aid lol

Ix333
by Member on Dec. 9, 2011 at 3:43 AM

Awesome group :)

I'm Rachel & I have 2 girls. Annelyse is 2 & Sophelia is 2 months. We will be having more. My grandmother taught me to knit when i was young but I made one big red scarf & never got around to making it over to her house to learn to cast off, so after just knitting on it forever & making it super long I just cut the yarn, pulled it off the needles & tied the end in a big knot! Not the best project :). I did some weaving & beading after that & didn't come back to knitting until I had my first daughter & started cloth diapering her. I started knitting her covers & that was that. I love knitting and have dabbled in crochet (but hope to learn more). I dye my own yarn (it's super addicting) & am learning to spin. Once we have our own home in the country (next fall we are hoping) we have plans for sheep (& various other critters). 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN