Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What I did yesterday-

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 12:08 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 175 Total Views

made some pretty yarns! first is merino wool soaked in water & vinegar & dyed with neon food coloring frozen into ice cubes, low immersion dye in crock pot. second is pink wool i got on sale at a closing LYS dropped dry in skein into neon pink food color & vinegar, once color exhausted I pulled it out reskeined it & added neon blue to the pot on the stove, dropped it in until exhausted, removed unskeined & slip knotted in 3 places then added purple neon to the pot & dropped it in the final dye bath. 

what have you done with wool recently?

by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
PoodleMum
by Member on Dec. 13, 2011 at 9:07 PM

Ooooh, pretty!!!!!  I've got a pair of longies on the needles but when I go shopping I'm getting some Kool Aid to dye with.  Super excited!

VolpeFemmina
by Group Owner on Dec. 15, 2011 at 6:13 PM

I havent tried to dye anything, but I would like to. Seems like there are so many ways to do it!

I currently have my first pair of solid colored longies on my hook. Its taking me a bit to get motivated, but they will get done at some point. I'm selling a purple pair I made, so now I have to replace them. I hope to get at least 3 more pairs done before baby gets here.

Ix333
by Member on Jan. 24, 2012 at 5:30 PM

PoodleMum
by Member on Jan. 25, 2012 at 3:09 AM

I love the Owly hat!  I just learned to do them on a sleep sack :)

Ix333
by Member on Jan. 25, 2012 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this

i've been very owled out lately, 2 sleep sacks & 3 hats. i'm loving them :)

Ix333
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)