Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

honeymoon

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:29 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 380 Total Views
I would like to go to one of the Northeastern states in the beginning of October. Where can I go that is fairly priced and beautiful?

Tnx, Julie
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
speechmomma
by on Aug. 7, 2007 at 9:23 PM
What do you mean by northeastern? If you are looking for fall foliage, in general, the farther north you go, the earlier in the season the leaves change. Here in the Philadelphia area, mid-October is peak leaf season. I personally love the New England states, MA, NH, VT, Maine in particular. I would love to do a romantic B&B in one of those states for an October honeymoon.
DECORATORMOM
by Group Owner on Aug. 7, 2007 at 10:27 PM

Quoting speechmomma:

What do you mean by northeastern? If you are looking for fall foliage, in general, the farther north you go, the earlier in the season the leaves change. Here in the Philadelphia area, mid-October is peak leaf season. I personally love the New England states, MA, NH, VT, Maine in particular. I would love to do a romantic B&B in one of those states for an October honeymoon.
That is funny... That is exactly what I have been wanting to do. I was thinking Maine. I would love to buy a hot air balloon package.

musicians_mom
by Member on Aug. 12, 2007 at 5:22 PM
We have driven the Blue Ridge Parkway in mid October before starting from one end to the other with stops in between. We loved it because we did not have any itinerary what so ever. The foliage was beautiful and the drive was relaxing stopping wherever we saw something that interested us although I did do some research on the area for things to see and do. They have great waterfalls and farmers markets if you like that kind of stuff. We did not have reservations anywhere but that was not a problem. We did not have any trouble finding places to stay.
Michele
Aholt
by New Member on Aug. 13, 2007 at 5:03 PM
Our anniversary is Oct. 1 and we honeymooned in Boone, NC - granted, that's southeast rather than north east - but the foilage was beautiful and the cabin we stayed in was perfect for honeymooning! 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)