Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you always plan to only have one child?

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2012 at 3:17 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 209 Total Views

We did not.  But that is how it has worked out.  My DH and I did try and we suffered a few miscarriages.  Now that he has been diagnosed BiPolar...we have decided to keep it at one. 

Also....we can borrow other babies and give them back.....

by on Jan. 4, 2012 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
VannaMae307
by on Jan. 4, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Kinda, yeah. I mean I'm no big fan of kids, I will admit that, but I look back on facebook stuff and it says "maybe if theres another..." so obviously at some point it crossed my mind. We just decided we love him so much, and as terrible as it sounds, I am unsure that I could love another child equally. That's something that could be worked out, I'm sure...but, I just feel more comfortable with one. I recently went through thyroid cancer treatment. Cancer runs in my family, I am the 3rd generation...nobody gets skipped. Also thyroid problems could be passed on, so it's like a double whammy...I'm already anxious to see if he got either of these, and I just can't bring myself to think about another baby in good conscience. It's like I feel like I would KNOWINGLY pass bad things on to it...does that make sense?

also, he will be deploying a lot...it's hard enough to explain to one child "where's daddy' but 2 would be harder, just all around. He feels like he can enjoy our son, and he is such an incredible daddy...this is just what WE can handle, comfortably. And I love it!

LCG83
by New Member on Jan. 4, 2012 at 8:18 PM
As a teen/young adult I flipped flopped the idea of not having any and wanting 3. Lol. Things just kind of made it so I only have and want one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)