Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TL after only one

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2012 at 11:13 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 157 Total Views

I'm not sure if the group is big enough yet to have a lot of answers to this, but I was wondering if anyone else was told they could not have a tubal ligation after only one child, or if they had to wait for a specific age. I am 26 now and will not be having more(obviously, if I'm in this group),

the first doctor I asked, told me that he could give information on the procedure but I would have to find someone who would actually do it at my age, with me having only one child. He said after multiple children it is most likely to get approved, or when I am older and pushing closer to being too old for a safe pregnancy. This is because so many women get a TL and then have it reversed because they "changed their mind" even though it's meant to be a permanent procedure!!! So because of people like that, I have to use birth control until I am over 30??

Can anyone give me their experience if they have gone through this, OR point me in the direction where I can research and bring it in to show them I am educated enough to make this decision about MY body???

by on Jan. 5, 2012 at 11:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
PhyllisGB
by New Member on Jan. 5, 2012 at 11:43 AM

I guess my reply will have function as a bump but....

I was able to get a TL since I was older (44) and had so many miscarriages that doc didn't have any problem doing it.  There was such a good chance I wouldn't carry to term (only had my DD due to using progesterone suppositories!)

Good luck, though!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)