Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Private schools

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2012 at 9:16 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 225 Total Views

Anyone have their child in a private school? We have pretty much decided we prefer him to go to a private school and I'm wondering if anyone else has a child in private school. I am not sure if we would have a specific religious affiliation or not. I went to a private school for 2 years but it was in junior high/high school and I don't feel like I got any benefit going into it that late. I feel like with him being an only child he would be able to focus on the programs a little better, they seem to be a little more advanced or different curriculum and that's what I am interested in for him.

Any experience is helpful, thanks ladies :)

by on Jan. 23, 2012 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
PhyllisGB
by New Member on Jan. 24, 2012 at 2:09 PM

We have always sent my daughter to Lutheran schools, mostly because my husband teaches there.  Now they are at different schools, since she is a senior and he's an elementary principal. 

I love most aspects of it, except for the uniforms (although I know some public schools require them).  HATE uniforms!!!!!  :P

Shaken1976
by Group Owner on Feb. 1, 2012 at 1:47 PM
My dd was in private. But we removed her when we had some serious safety issues there. Looking for a new one now. But for now it is public school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anotherhalf
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 7:44 PM
DS was before we moved and we haven't found a private school we like. We had a great experience and it was an amazing school. It was not affiliated with any religion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2ljh
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Yes, DS is in a private college prep school. He will never go to a public school. We LOVE LOVE LOVE his school and know that it will help shape and mold him as he grows and matures. It is a wonderful, closeknit community and even the kids will tell you there is no bullying, an epidemic issue nowadays. If you can make it work financially, DO IT. We are in our third year of private school (first at this school as we couldn't afford it before financial aid became available in kindergarten) and will never consider a public school for him. This is just the perfect fit.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)