Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

harry potter series became too scary as series progressed...what do you think ?

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 9:44 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 327 Total Views

i think so...the first movie is my favorite

by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whitleypittman
by House Prefect on Jul. 6, 2012 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I think, TBH, the scarier and more violent it got, the more it showed Harry and them growing up and facing the real world.

shadenn766
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 9:49 PM

yeah...i liked them but the first one is the favorite

Quoting whitleypittman:

I think, TBH, the scarier and more violent it got, the more it showed Harry and them growing up and facing the real world.

whitleypittman
by House Prefect on Jul. 6, 2012 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this

For some reason, my favorite was the sixth one. I like Draco best, and he was so prominent in the sixth one.

Quoting shadenn766:

yeah...i liked them but the first one is the favorite

Quoting whitleypittman:

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
HistoryNutty
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 10:53 PM
My favorite is the fourth movie. That's the turning point in the whole series.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tambrathegreat
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Erm... no. If you read the books, you would see a progression from Harry being an eleven year old to Harry being seventeen with the weight of the entire world on his shoulders.  The books grew with Harry, rather than leaving him an eleven year old in a seventeen year old's body. 

As for the movies, I hated all but the first three.  They cut way too much of the good stuff out and went for major plot points without the nuance. 

shadenn766
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 10:47 AM

i understand that he grew older and so did his adventures and responsibilities...but some scenes (in my opinion) were spooky...lol...

still love the series but more spooky and scary things took place

Quoting tambrathegreat:

Erm... no. If you read the books, you would see a progression from Harry being an eleven year old to Harry being seventeen with the weight of the entire world on his shoulders.  The books grew with Harry, rather than leaving him an eleven year old in a seventeen year old's body. 

As for the movies, I hated all but the first three.  They cut way too much of the good stuff out and went for major plot points without the nuance. 

Pandora-Sparrow
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 7:23 PM

I think they were appropriate for the situations.  And while the movies cut a lot out I still really enjoyed them.  I think you really have to look at the books and movies separately sometimes.  DH absolutely loves OotP movie but he's never read the books.  Typically that movie is the least favorite of the fandom.  I told him if he loves the movie then he'd be crazy about the book!  My favorite book is HBP but I was so disappointed in how much they left out. 

CuSukha
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:41 PM

4th is my least favorite. So much useless crap thrown in.

Quoting HistoryNutty:

HistoryNutty
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:46 PM
They change a ton of things for the movie. It is actually not my favorite, after much thinking. My least favorite movies were the fourth, third, and sixth. I was so angry at the sixth movie I almost demanded a refund.

My favorite movie was the fifth one, they did Umbridge brilliantly! I loved to hate her! I think they did great with that one.

Of course, the most favorite might change as I continue to reread the books.

Quoting CuSukha:

Quoting HistoryNutty:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CuSukha
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 11:28 PM

The fourth I would have rather had them taken out them learning to dance, neville dancing, the weird sisters and them eating stuff that made them make sounds, the weird sisters being the only thing that was in the book and took that extra time to make the maze scene a bit more like the book or including more of the Barty crouch story.

I did really enjoy Umbridge's character, she successfully made me want to punch her in the throat lol.

And I do find as I read the books again I like the movies less and less because I can't help to compare them and I wish I got to see more of the movie brought to life and more of my favortie characters, Dobby, Sirius, kreacher.

Quoting HistoryNutty:

They change a ton of things for the movie. It is actually not my favorite, after much thinking. My least favorite movies were the fourth, third, and sixth. I was so angry at the sixth movie I almost demanded a refund.

My favorite movie was the fifth one, they did Umbridge brilliantly! I loved to hate her! I think they did great with that one.

Of course, the most favorite might change as I continue to reread the books.

Quoting CuSukha:

Quoting HistoryNutty:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)