Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking for Contributing Writers and Guest Bloggers

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 11:23 AM
  • 15 Replies
  • 499 Total Views

I hope it's OK to post this here without breaking any group rules.

I'm looking for talented writers to help me with my blog. If you're interested, please contact me.

*EDIT  05/08/12*  I've had a lot of interest lately, so I thought I'd be a little more specific about what I'm looking for.  P.O.V. is an opinion-commentary blog/ezine.  It's written by women for an almost exclusively female audience.  We focus on current events, trends, social issues, politics and pop culture.  We also accept book, movie and television reviews, poetry and book excerpts.

Currently, there are three writers besides myself.  We're a not for profit so I can't afford to pay, but feel free to use your posts as writing samples, list P.O.V. as your employer (if you write for us regularly) and to use me as a professional reference.  Our goal is to become an established online publication.

If you're interested in writing for us, please check out the writing guidelines for both guest bloggers and contributing writers.  We're a little picky but we're looking for quality.  If it's something you'd like to pursue, either fill out the form on the site or send me a PM here on Cafemom so we can discuss further.

Thanks and I hope to be talking to you soon.

*EDIT 05/09/12*  Since this is an election year we're looking for women who want to talk about their views on issues that affect women.  Also looking to interview anyone who is socially or politically active.

Connect with me.
View Melina Druga's profile on LinkedIn       

by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sweet_Faith
by ♥Group Owner♥ on Feb. 7, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Quoting HotMama330:

I'm looking for talented writers to help me with my blog. If you're interested, please contact me.

It's ok momma, we encourage this as long as we don't put any personal information here because this is an open forum for CM non members and non CM members who might find this post through google. Let me ask you how does the writing work? Do we get paid?

HotMama330
by Group Admin on Feb. 7, 2012 at 11:40 AM

No, sorry, I can't pay.  I don't make money off of my blog.   Here is the ad I put in my blogging groups if you'd like more info:

I'm the author of a blog called P.O.V. (http://www.povblog.net/). P.O.V. is an opinion piece on current events, issues, celebrities, trends, parenthood.

Recently, I haven't gotten busier with work commitments and am I'm having trouble keeping up with my blog. I own the URL and am afraid I'll lose readers if I only post periodically. I'd like to keep adding fresh content. I'm hoping to find some contributing writers who can help provide fresh content and keep readers interested and coming back. In other words, I'd like to turn my blog into a mini e-zine.

I already have two people who have said they would help, but I'm looking for more. Writers need to be able to contribute once per month minimum, four times maximum. There is no pay for this position (my blog is not-for-profit). I will, however, be starting a contributing writer and will give you a byline for all articles you write. And I publicize all P.O.V. posts on Facebook and Twitter and you'll get credit there as well. This would be good for someone who wants to build a writing portfolio.

The ideal writer is opinionated and not afraid to talk about current events, issues or celebrities. Book, music or movie reviewers are also welcome.

If you're interested, please contact me.

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

Quoting HotMama330:

It's ok momma, we encourage this as long as we don't put any personal information here because this is an open forum for CM non members and non CM members who might find this post through google. Let me ask you how does the writing work? Do we get paid?

Connect with me.

Jamaz46
by Group Admin on Feb. 7, 2012 at 11:41 AM
I love to write but im far too busy to fit anything else into my schedule plus id need a computer first sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sweet_Faith
by ♥Group Owner♥ on Feb. 7, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Thank you for all this information, I'm sure someone will be interested and help you out here with this.

Quoting HotMama330:

No, sorry, I can't pay.  I don't make money off of my blog.   Here is the ad I put in my blogging groups if you'd like more info:

I'm the author of a blog called P.O.V. (http://www.povblog.net/). P.O.V. is an opinion piece on current events, issues, celebrities, trends, parenthood.

Recently, I haven't gotten busier with work commitments and am I'm having trouble keeping up with my blog. I own the URL and am afraid I'll lose readers if I only post periodically. I'd like to keep adding fresh content. I'm hoping to find some contributing writers who can help provide fresh content and keep readers interested and coming back. In other words, I'd like to turn my blog into a mini e-zine.

I already have two people who have said they would help, but I'm looking for more. Writers need to be able to contribute once per month minimum, four times maximum. There is no pay for this position (my blog is not-for-profit). I will, however, be starting a contributing writer and will give you a byline for all articles you write. And I publicize all P.O.V. posts on Facebook and Twitter and you'll get credit there as well. This would be good for someone who wants to build a writing portfolio.

The ideal writer is opinionated and not afraid to talk about current events, issues or celebrities. Book, music or movie reviewers are also welcome.

If you're interested, please contact me.

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

Quoting HotMama330:

Jamaz46
by Group Admin on Feb. 7, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Id really love to do that. Ive got credits for passing writing courses. If i get a computer and can find the time ill think about it and let you know
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HotMama330
by Group Admin on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Thanks.  But no worries about being busy.  I'm busy, too, which is why I need the help.

Quoting Jamaz46:

Id really love to do that. Ive got credits for passing writing courses. If i get a computer and can find the time ill think about it and let you know

Connect with me.

winniettc
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:38 AM
Im a writer and im in a home school collehe for writing as well. I dont know if youve heard of it Long Ridge Writers Group. Anyway Ive always loved writing. Im not entirely sure what it is you need. Please send me a message amd I will try to comply.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HotMama330
by Group Admin on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Hi, thanks for responding.  I'm looking for guest bloggers and contributing writers for my e-zine P.O.V.  Also, entertainment reviewers, poetry and book excerpts.  Here are the writing guidelines: http://www.povblog.net/p/write-for-pov.html

Quoting winniettc:

Im a writer and im in a home school collehe for writing as well. I dont know if youve heard of it Long Ridge Writers Group. Anyway Ive always loved writing. Im not entirely sure what it is you need. Please send me a message amd I will try to comply.

Connect with me.

raye-chan
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:37 PM

It might be something I'd be interested in. I normally write poetry and such but I could occassionally write something more =)

Sweet_Faith
by ♥Group Owner♥ on May. 5, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)