Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking for Contributing Writers and Guest Bloggers

Posted by   + Show Post

I hope it's OK to post this here without breaking any group rules.

I'm looking for talented writers to help me with my blog. If you're interested, please contact me.

*EDIT  05/08/12*  I've had a lot of interest lately, so I thought I'd be a little more specific about what I'm looking for.  P.O.V. is an opinion-commentary blog/ezine.  It's written by women for an almost exclusively female audience.  We focus on current events, trends, social issues, politics and pop culture.  We also accept book, movie and television reviews, poetry and book excerpts.

Currently, there are three writers besides myself.  We're a not for profit so I can't afford to pay, but feel free to use your posts as writing samples, list P.O.V. as your employer (if you write for us regularly) and to use me as a professional reference.  Our goal is to become an established online publication.

If you're interested in writing for us, please check out the writing guidelines for both guest bloggers and contributing writers.  We're a little picky but we're looking for quality.  If it's something you'd like to pursue, either fill out the form on the site or send me a PM here on Cafemom so we can discuss further.

Thanks and I hope to be talking to you soon.

*EDIT 05/09/12*  Since this is an election year we're looking for women who want to talk about their views on issues that affect women.  Also looking to interview anyone who is socially or politically active.

Connect with me.
View Melina Druga's profile on LinkedIn       

by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 11:23 AM
Replies (11-15):
AMissouriMommy
by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:35 AM

This is something I would be interested in, I love to write and really do enjoy giving my point of view on subjects. If you message me with more info and perhaps a list of the topics you are looking to fill I will see what I can do.

HotMama330
by Group Admin on May. 7, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Sending you a PM now.

Quoting AMissouriMommy:

This is something I would be interested in, I love to write and really do enjoy giving my point of view on subjects. If you message me with more info and perhaps a list of the topics you are looking to fill I will see what I can do.

Connect with me.

HotMama330
by Group Admin on May. 7, 2012 at 10:49 AM

HI, I'm sorry to the late response.  I didn't see your response until now.  I do accept poetry and book excerpts.  If you're interested, here are the writing guidelines.

http://www.povblog.net/p/write-for-pov.html

Quoting raye-chan:

It might be something I'd be interested in. I normally write poetry and such but I could occassionally write something more =)

Connect with me.

HotMama330
by Group Admin on May. 7, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Bump for edit.

Connect with me.

HotMama330
by Group Admin on May. 8, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Bump for edit 2.

Connect with me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)