Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I did it!

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 6:19 PM
  • 25 Replies
  • 350 Total Views

my mom made some bannana cream pie so before deciding to eat I took and tracked the calories as to the two options.  By my saying no to the 1 peice of pie and opting for the coconut granola I saved myself a whopping 400 calories. met calorie goal on my first day without overeating.  this is a big accomplishment on my first day of a 60 + day journey. 

by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jamaz46
by Group Admin on Feb. 11, 2012 at 7:01 PM
Thats wonderful! Im really learning myself. Not for me but my dd. Im finding out theres tons of calories in stuff i thought was good for her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mirm99
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:25 AM
Wohoo!!!. That's great momma.. keep it up and you'll be shedding lbs soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sweet_Faith
by ♥Group Owner♥ on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:31 AM

Good for you momma! I don't think I could have said no to that! lol...I'm proud of you!

sweet_spirit
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:52 AM

thanks. I had to say no it took tons of discipline but I just can't afford to eat  bad things like that.

Sweet_Faith
by ♥Group Owner♥ on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:03 AM

Quoting sweet_spirit:

thanks. I had to say no it took tons of discipline but I just can't afford to eat  bad things like that.

You're welcome, it sure does take a long of discipline and that's great that you have that,it's a great start to not only losing weight, but living healthy too. Maybe you should start with exercising too, walking is great exercise, great cardio and burns fat too!

sweet_spirit
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:11 AM

Yes I am actually going to get back into training me for  the 5 k workout again but just doing it at home. when we warm up right now we are supposed to have snow tomorrow. and today is really cold.  by tuesday we will be at 60. I will get myself outside begin te 5 k fast walking process.

Sweet_Faith
by ♥Group Owner♥ on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Quoting sweet_spirit:

Yes I am actually going to get back into training me for  the 5 k workout again but just doing it at home. when we warm up right now we are supposed to have snow tomorrow. and today is really cold.  by tuesday we will be at 60. I will get myself outside begin te 5 k fast walking process.

That's great momma! I keep forgetting that I live in Florida, lol.

sweet_spirit
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Arkansas isn't supposed to do that either LOL.

jcribb16
by ♥HeadAdminJulie♥ on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Hey, that is fantastic!  I know how hard that is - I would struggle if it had been chocolate creme pie!  Keep up the great work!  :)

Sweet_Faith
by ♥Group Owner♥ on Feb. 14, 2012 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting jcribb16:

Hey, that is fantastic!  I know how hard that is - I would struggle if it had been chocolate creme pie!  Keep up the great work!  :)

Anything with chocolate I struggle with, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)