Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good By Cotton!

Posted by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:32 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 5082 Total Views

Today the people in my town honor a man whose heart was in NASCAR racing. Now whether or not you like NASCAR, you honor this man. Cotton Owens was a name that was as common as Jeff Gordon in the racing circuit. Last year, a lot of people were disappointed that the Hall of Fame chose another famous driver David Pearson for the entrance to the Hall of Fame. This year, David honored this man into the Hall of Fame postumously. It is so very sad to see that a man who loved something so much and dedicated his life to it, died before he could see his work finally recognized. He was 88 and suffered from cancer. He died just days before being inducted. My father remembered Cotton and he proudly told that he and David Pearson were from our very own town. I never liked NASCAR. But, I loved the men who brought honor and a little excitement to this town.

Goodbye Cotton! I am sorry that you did not know how much you were truly thought of. A town hero lost and honor gained.

Do you have anyone in your town, that you can be proud of and honor? Share with me.

by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
sunflowers12
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 3:40 PM

well, no not anyone i no but my kids are pretty great i am proud of them most of the time!! i don't really follow the nascar stuff but it seems to be a lot of ppl past time.. ladybug

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)