Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy after Mirena removal

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:08 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 2171 Total Views

Post here when you get your BFP and confirmation from the dr and please share your symptoms, thoughts, or anything else you want to share with the rest of us still waiting for our bfp!

Christian wife and mother 

toddler boy toddler girlttc #3  after a miscarriage

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Hisservent
by Group Owner on Feb. 10, 2012 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

well, I got my 2nd bfp since the removal. The lines are darker this time around so I have hope.

Here are my symptoms:

LMP was 1/16/2012

Bding began 1/23

1/25 I noticed my cervix was soft, high, open and wet, itchy nipples (possible ovulation)

1/29 very creamy and wet cm, cramps, itchy nips (Possible Ovulation)

1/30 cervix was med, firm and sticky, itchy nips

2/1 ew and creamy cm, and cramps, itchy nips (Possible Ovulation)

2/4 lower back pain, itchy nips

2/5 cramps off and on, itchy nips

2/6 creamy cm and mild cramps very early morning (possible implantation)

2/7 itchy nips, lots of creamy/watery/milky cm and a strong pinching from left ovary when I sneezed. Only time I ever felt this was when I was pregnant with my other 2 kids. This is also a different symptom from my chemcial pregnancy. I didn't have this last month. 

2/8 lower back pain, cramps, bloating, sore breasts, falling asleep before 10:30pm (not normal for me)

2/9 lower back pain, cramps, few waves of nausea, pinching near ovary again, falling asleep before 10:30pm (Not normal for me)

2/10 BFP!

Christian wife and mother 

toddler boy toddler girlpregnant belly

Eliza04
by Member on Feb. 10, 2012 at 2:38 PM
2 moms liked this

Removal 1/3/2012 been in since 5/2010, Had bleeding started that day on removal and continued on for a week being a very heavy full period for me.

BFP (1/31/2012) confirmed by Blood test (2/6/2012)

Symptons: Nausea, Fatigue, Very frequent urination (almost every 2 hours if not less even at night), lots of clear cm where felt like panties were always wet but turn out not to be, extreme lower back pain( I have a bad back so this can be very extreme in my pregnancies), Mood swings(though most were when trying to see if the positives were really positive and would drive any women insane hehe), and lower abdominal pressure like working towards a cramp but not quite cramps is the best way I could describe them.

Had supposed implant bleeding on 1/24/2012 (was just a very small pink dot when wiped)

There is 2 pieces of advice I would give. The first is to know your body, become as they say intuned with yourself.  Your body can tell you lots if willing to take the time to learn its language. I'm not talking about all the charting and scientific things we look for though they can help quite a bit, but each person's body is different and you can't just go by what "learning" says there is always excemptions to the rules.

The second and biggest thing is DON'T FORGET THE LOVE. Having a baby and making a baby is all about love. Sometime we need to take a break from the charting and focusing on what we are doing is going to create this baby I want, and remember that its not having sex its making love, becoming one, with the special person we chose to bring a life into this world with.

CuriousNGL
by New Member on Apr. 5, 2012 at 5:05 PM

I had Mirena removed on during a period. Timed sex during ovulation that month and had some post-Mirena spotting that I mistook for IB that cycle. Three weeks after it was removed, I had my first real period post-Mirena. I did BBT that cycle (See my chart), so I had a good idea of when I ovulated. My chart showed a slight implantation dip and then a triphasic pattern. I got my BFP on the day my period was due, and then another darker positive one week later. I'm currently 6w2d. Let's hope it sticks!

mkmommy0406
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 8:22 PM
My mirena was removed in 2/11 bu I went back on the pill. I stopped those in 2/12 an I got my BFP on Thursday 8/2!! Retested again on 8/3 FMU, another BFP! Then used a test at my job around lunchtime on 8/3, another BFP!! The first two tests were digitals, the one at work was not. I havnt made a doctors appt yet but my sore boobs and cramping confirm it for me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lindsey_25
by New Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:29 PM

I had Mirena removed on January 2, 2013.  I bled for 7 days after that and thought it was my first period (nope it wasn't).  I charted my temperature and had an anovulatory cycle.  The end of that cycle was 38 days later and I bled heavily for 7-8 days.  I had no symptoms or sudden relief from symptoms from when I had the Mirena.  My LMP was Feb 15th.  I again charted my temperature and ovulated on March 6th.  March 22nd I got my BFP with a FRER in the afternoon.  I had an ultrasound at 5 weeks due to a car accident.  I also had a blood test, which came back with my levels at 1,800.  And another ultrasound at 6 weeks 1 day to confirm that everything is going great (it is).

My first pregnancy symptom was that I was suddenly cold all of the time.  Then my boobs began to hurt and still are pretty sore.

PaulaJo1980
by New Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:23 PM

My iud was removed on September 15, 2012. My period came Oct 5. I had a BFP November 6. Now I'm 29w4d with a healthy boy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)