Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Our group was in Rutherford Parent Magazine!!!

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 3:59 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 452 Total Views

We were in Rutherford Parent Magazine!

Did you see our post in the March  edition of the Rutherford Parent Magazine?

Not only did it mention our group but it also quoted a member in the babysitting article.

Here is the  full quote/When asked about babysitting exchanges in our group:

It may be due to having a background in emergency services (law, fire, ems-dispatch) as well as preschool and childcare but I am overly cautious and very particular when it comes to who I let babysit my child. I require background checks, interviews, CPR and first aid training... the whole deal. Thus far the group has not set up any babysitting exchanges. However if that is something that mothers would like to see, then it is something that I would help organize and set up. Although I would not participate, I can understand the benefit of babysitting exchange. First and foremost, it would be free! You would watch other children in exchange for group moms watching yours on a different date. And as we all know, it is very important to get that "me time" to stay mentally healthy and just as important to get "one on one" time with your spouse to keep a good marriage. Utilizing a group like the online Rutherford County Moms or another Rutherford County based moms club or chapter has the potential to lead to great friendships for you and your children. As you attend events and open play dates with moms that you meet through a moms group, you get to know each other. Once a comfort and trust forms, that is when a babysitting exchange can be discussed.

-April... 

So what do you think folks? Are babysitting exchanges something that you would like to see started in our group eventually?

Let me know!!

reading        family in the van        reading       family in the van

by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 3:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
-KBomb
by Member on Mar. 16, 2012 at 12:23 PM

I think I would have to pass on babysitting exchanges, right now. BUT perhaps if I met some cool moms and everyone knew each other very well then in a year or so --- I'd totally be up for it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)