Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young mommy, trying to do her best, but its hard when my child has such horrible seperation anxiety! HELP!!

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 11:18 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 385 Total Views

Hello! my name is Karissa, i am 20 and live in murfreesboro.. I have a beautiful 20 month old girl named Kynleigh (Kin-Lee) most people have a hard time seeing the name and saying it.. I currently work part time at the mall, and i also am a full time online student through daymar.. I am having an extremely hard time with my daughters seperation anxiety..i have never tried an acutal daycare but i have tried baby sitters.. It has been awful.. She cries until she throws up!! I would like to further my education for her, but its almost impossible to do anything anymore because she has to always be with me! I cant find anyone willing to work with her step by step to help her with this...If anyone knows of anything or can give any advice please let me know!!! i look forward to meeting you all! have a great day!

by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
tnmommy5
by New Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Hello Karissa,

I would like to try to help you, but I need a little more info. Are you a single mom or is the dad there to help? Do you have any family in the area to help you? Do you let her cry sometimes or do you always give in and give her what she wants?

Once I know these answers, I can better understand how to help.

Tammy

JodisMom959
by New Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 9:55 PM

My daughter goes to Meg's Playhouse in Smyrna - and she LOVES it there.  She is 20 months as well.  It may help if you get out a little and get her playing with other kids.  If she learns some independence that way, she may be better when you go.  The best thing I have found is to not sneak off.  Make sure you say bye to her when you leave.  You could try taking her to a daycare once a week for a few hours, let her know you'll be back, and see how it goes?

This may sounds silly, but I used to be a babysitter and did this for one family.  I actually went over there and 'babysat' while the parents were home, but they went in another room (they went and had some time to themselves) and the little boy knew they were home, so he was okay with just playing with me and them not being in the room.  The next time, they stayed the first hour, then left, and he and I just kept playing.  He was upset at first, but since he knew me from before, he calmed down.  It could work for you?

If you are interested in hanging out some time, let me know.  Maybe we could meet somehwere fun for the kiddos, my husband and i are new to the area.  We both work M-F till 4pm and we live in Smyrna.  Jumpers playhouse might be fun to meet?  Only $3 for kids under 2.

puddinpopsmama
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 5:28 PM

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14572688/daycare-director-arrested-for-child-abuse

i used to work at megs play house it was horrible! the disgusting things i saw! i quit after two weeks of it. you couldnt  pay me to take my  kid to  megs playhouse or rock springs academy ( all owned by same person)

Quoting JodisMom959:

My daughter goes to Meg's Playhouse in Smyrna - and she LOVES it there.  She is 20 months as well.  It may help if you get out a little and get her playing with other kids.  If she learns some independence that way, she may be better when you go.  The best thing I have found is to not sneak off.  Make sure you say bye to her when you leave.  You could try taking her to a daycare once a week for a few hours, let her know you'll be back, and see how it goes?

This may sounds silly, but I used to be a babysitter and did this for one family.  I actually went over there and 'babysat' while the parents were home, but they went in another room (they went and had some time to themselves) and the little boy knew they were home, so he was okay with just playing with me and them not being in the room.  The next time, they stayed the first hour, then left, and he and I just kept playing.  He was upset at first, but since he knew me from before, he calmed down.  It could work for you?

If you are interested in hanging out some time, let me know.  Maybe we could meet somehwere fun for the kiddos, my husband and i are new to the area.  We both work M-F till 4pm and we live in Smyrna.  Jumpers playhouse might be fun to meet?  Only $3 for kids under 2.

busymom3910
by New Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:48 AM

There's a program at MTSU called Project Help. They start taking little one's around 15 months up to 3 years old. My 3 year old is a special needs baby and she went for just over a year and it was FABULOUS!!! It's set up like a preschool and they learn so very much. They pair typical children in classrooms with special needs children. The work they do there helps everyone. Lots of kids have separation anxiety and they work with that. If you would like some more information please just let me know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)