Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yay Me!!!!!

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:41 PM
  • 15 Replies
  • 259 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I want to shout from the roof tops!! I got an A in my speech class and am now officially a college graduate!! It took me 3 long years to get where I am now! Now on to the nursing program!! One more year and I have succeeded at what I have been working so hard for!!!

by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmrtigger
by Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:48 PM

That's nice. I have a few friends going to school in nursing that got a 4.0 and a 3.96 overall. Good luck with the nursing program.

momof754
by Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:00 PM

thank you. it has been a long road and i still have a ways to go but i am confident that i will succeed!! i have the drive to finish and make something of myself and not depend on my husband for everything

Quoting kmrtigger:

That's nice. I have a few friends going to school in nursing that got a 4.0 and a 3.96 overall. Good luck with the nursing program.

kmrtigger
by Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Wow, that is nice that you won't have to depend on your spouse to be there for you if need be. But that's one of the nice things about being married and being in a loving relationship is, counting on one another. I didn't mean to offend you when I said what my friends were getting in the nursing program, I just meant it's a hard program. And once this year of college is over they will be ready to work as a nurse.

What's weird is my SIL went to college to be a nurse and it took her a year in a half from start to finish.  She went straight outta high school to college for nursing. And she never had a job doing anything nursing related until her job in the ER down in Florida.

momof754
by Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Quoting kmrtigger:

Wow, that is nice that you won't have to depend on your spouse to be there for you if need be. But that's one of the nice things about being married and being in a loving relationship is, counting on one another. I didn't mean to offend you when I said what my friends were getting in the nursing program, I just meant it's a hard program. And once this year of college is over they will be ready to work as a nurse.

What's weird is my SIL went to college to be a nurse and it took her a year in a half from start to finish.  She went straight outta high school to college for nursing. And she never had a job doing anything nursing related until her job in the ER down in Florida.

in ohio and west virginia it is a requirement to be a certified nurse aide BEFORE entering the program now. that became effective almost 6 years ago when i looked into nursing school, thus the reason i went into nurse aide training. no, you did not offend me. i just was raised not to depend on anyone for anything. you just never know what may happen to your spouse and seeing as how my husband has already had 2 heart attacks, i want to know that i can provide for my family. and yes, i know nursing school is hard, never said it wasnt. i plan on doing my best and making honors in my class. i have the ability to do so and i will do so!!

momof754
by Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:57 PM

and, btw, when i am finished with my last year of nursing school, which is next year, since i took three years to do my pre-requisites slowly so as to get good grades in them, not to mention the fact that i am doing so while working 2 jobs plus my house and raising my kids, i have already been offered a fulltime position as a registered nurse where i currently work:)

kmrtigger
by Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Well best of luck, I just know that I would never wanna be in school that long and miss out on my boys growing up. That's why I chose to be a SAHM and work part time in the summer.

momof754
by Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:21 PM

some of us dont have that option and i havent missed out on any of the important things in my kids' lives. i make sure i manuever things around so as to not miss the important things

Melissa44685
by Group Owner on Dec. 14, 2012 at 9:52 AM
Yay!!! Congrats!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof754
by Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Thanks!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JessLackey
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 4:04 PM
Congrats
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)