Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birth Rape Article: Must Read!! PIOG

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:25 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 677 Total Views

Ladies, this is why we are a part of this group. We have done our homework and want what is best for both our babies and ourselves. I was in tears as I read this because I wonder how often this happens to mothers we know. Please share with others.

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/birth-rape-why-is-this-happening-in-our-hospitals-2459486.html?fb_action_ids=3348199298123%2C987966805133&fb_action_types=news.reads&fb_ref=type%3Aread%2Cuser%3AyuMHUop5lyuCXpLZ-II-9QZoAFQ%2Ctype%3Aread%2Cuser%3AJvuGcGRrgYxoEWTFIEoaqSPmCKI&fb_source=other_multiline&code=AQB21D5MsGbF9yraKVTEoStTDuSR0ifqjS93JDyPQ1YLeSvNqRwOmnriiq8oX4ey7farAwavK6-lvrz41gEnG9XqTHT6bRX4SN0aHJm7ZA56DprzRNw4FAbapl4WzsAbiOt4ZqO7MrqyUMqm8qpp2V0RMx-XWg46JL3_NogFCOg8k2ptq98tJMNDVzld-WcFF9I#_=_

~Jen~ Group Owner of Bringing Birth Home.    http://www.cafemom.com/group/116103                                     

I am a home birthing, breastfeeding, midwife using, cloth diapering, delayed cord cutting, natural birthing type of mama!!

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
FrumpyMama
by Group Owner on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:24 AM

This article made me SOOO freakin' mad when I read it. I can't believe there are places that this happens STILL.  My bestie and I were watching Business of Being Born 2 and they have a segment on sections and apparently BRAZIL has the HIGHEST section rate because of how Normal birth is treated there. They have the hospital set up with a bar that has a window into the nursery so that people can sit and celebrate while looking at the babies (kay that is kinda cool in a way.) It's basically like a hotel, moms check in, have their section and check out. If you want a natural birth, you have no choice in position, you are shaved, episiotomied, flat on your back, and there is a nurse that PUSHES on your baby with each contraction. Now comparetively, wouldn't you want a section too?? It just boggles my mind when I hear stories like this.

h_minkus
by Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I almost threw up when I read that, just because of the emotions it stirred in me, not because it's gross. And it sure started some drama on my Facebook page when I shared it! But it was worth it. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN