Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

unassisted birth ?

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:37 PM
  • 16 Replies
  • 452 Total Views

I am 23 years old pretty much doing this alone. I have searched the internet and have been researching unasisted births and may do it myself . anyone else ever have an unassisted birth ? how was the experience?

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ragdoll13
by New Member on May. 1, 2012 at 8:45 AM
Here's a bump. And while my baby isn't here yet, I can tell you that I am so much more relaxed and confident about this birth than I ever was about my hospital birth. Even tho DH is still a little unsure about his role in the unassisted birth, it just feels right.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FrumpyMama
by Group Owner on May. 1, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Here's a Bump! All I can offer is that DH reads "The Birth Partner" to help in what to do.

Good Luck!

JennWatt
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Personally I would get a midwife for guidance during your birth. Mine was so wonderful - she offered guidance and space. There are so many things that happen during birth - for instance I had a lip on my cervix and she helped smooth it out so baby could come out easier. Not necessarily something wrong - just a variance. Also, you don't want to be alone. Is this your first birth?
h_minkus
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I certainly wouldn't have done it with my first!!! I wouldn't do it now either, but that's because I've seen all the stuff the midwives do and know, and I would rather just enjoy the experience and not have to think about stuff too much, just focus. yk?

luvmygrndhg
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 2:02 PM

I just had my first homebirth.  I used a midwife.  I would have never done it unassisted.  Too many things could go wrong and the midwife is invaluable to help with many of those things. It's better to have one just in case.

_muffin_
by on May. 11, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Why are you leaning towards unassisted vs a midwife? An unassisted birth is something that should be done with much education and thought. My seocond and third were unassisted births and they were amazing. I bought my birth supplies from In His Hands birth supply.

youngpreggo11
by New Member on May. 11, 2012 at 11:42 PM
2 moms liked this

I am alone limited money however i did get good news my friends mom is a mid-wife and said she will do it for free so i am excited about that

h_minkus
by Member on May. 12, 2012 at 12:28 AM
Great to hear! Keep us posted!

Quoting youngpreggo11:

I am alone limited money however i did get good news my friends mom is a mid-wife and said she will do it for free so i am excited about that

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by New Member on May. 12, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Unassisted birthing is wonderful but moms should understand what they are doing...    Of course it's really how we should all be whether attended or not, and in ANY setting  !

;-)

Good luck to you!

youngpreggo11
by New Member on May. 16, 2012 at 12:54 AM

just found out today my girlfriends 2 weeks pregnant as well so we are hoping either she goes early or i go late it her mom whos is my mid_wife so she is doing us both

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)